FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to this forum, but have navigated this site many times. Thought I would ask the community.

My friend's neighbor is asking $1800 for his used PS90, 10" barrel with fake silencer, 2nd gen trigger pack, soft case, lock and original box. No mags included.

Is this a decent price for this rifle?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hi, new to this forum, but have navigated this site many times. Thought I would ask the community.

My friend's neighbor is asking $1800 for his used PS90, 10" barrel with fake silencer, 2nd gen trigger pack, soft case, lock and original box. No mags included.

Is this a decent price for this rifle?
With a 10" barrel it sounds to me like a NFA Item....You would not be able to buy this directly in a private sale. It would have to go through a Class III dealer IIRC.

Either way, NO, not a good deal. New PS90's can be had on GB for under $1400 at the moment.

Now, if The 2nd gen trigger pack it worth it to you then it would be a wash and then the question is do you want new or used. 2nd gen packs are going for around $450.00

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Starz is dead on. The Fo Silencer must be permanent... Sounds like he's trying to get one over on you. Unless it comes with 1K SS197 :x

Listen to Starz and don't get ripped!

Reactions: Starz26

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Definitely agree with Starz26. I'd just find a new, unmolested one and put the money you save towards mags, ammo etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the fake silencer would make it legal? It's 6.5" in length which technically makes it legal since it's over 16" in length total, as long as I never take it off without registering it as an SBR I thought it would be legal.

And even with the 2nd gen trigger pack it wouldn't make it a good deal? I was hoping to talk him down to $1600. I haven't had luck finding somebody local with a PS90 and this is the first one I've come across.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
With a 10" barrel it sounds to me like a NFA Item....You would not be able to buy this directly in a private sale. It would have to go through a Class III dealer IIRC.
Wrong. No need to use a dealer if they live in the same State.

Reactions: STL

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I thought the fake silencer would make it legal? It's 6.5" in length which technically makes it legal since it's over 16" in length total, as long as I never take it off without registering it as an SBR I thought it would be legal
If it's not permanently attached it would still be a SBR.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
As jhs said not a bad price if it is an SBR.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.