FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a legal kit to own without a stamp? I know dumb question, but you would think you would need a stamp for this.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I am going to say no.

In 1986, the Firearm Owners’ Protection Act was passed with an amendment forbidding the future civilian transfer of any machine gun manufactured after May 19, 1986. There was also a provision strengthening the definition of machine gun to include any part designed or intended exclusively for the purpose of converting a gun into a machine gun. These two provisions meant that possession of a DIAS – even without a gun to put it in or the other needed parts – was a felony, and that a DIAS could only be legally registered by someone specially licensed to manufacture machine guns for the military and law enforcement – and then could only be possessed by a military or law enforcement agency.

By purchasing one you are knowingly purchasing one to commit a felony at some point. Bent or not. That in it self is a crime. So they get you one way or another.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured by now someone would have slapped me upside the head :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was having fun with some of the old timers on here... Waiting to get hit upside the head. This is a full auto and without doubt is illegal. Kit or not. Put this into action and well... Prior to 1985, those were the good old days :)

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
So how is it that the ATF hasn't dropped the hammer on the guys selling these?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it is due to 1 or 2 things. Their building a case, logs and purchasers. 2, it is possible that due to the fact it has to be built and installed (assembled) from the purchaser that it is legal for them to sell. It is a fine line.

1 round will kill you. 2 rounds too and that brings me to this.... Why are full autos even illegal to own without stamps. Our government has them, and with us, we have to spend thousands and purchase stamps. It all comes down to cash! And who has what! We have a silly way of doing things. There was a time in our country when it was amazing! I love America but... look at how the government controls everything. You think Russia is communist or was? Hummmmm?

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
At the beginning the video states that the "kit" has to be modified by the end user to go FA. What is different than a gun owner modifying his own weapon with parts from the garage? It is the gun owners responsibility to obey the law. Look on GB, you can buy FA trigger packs for FN weapons. If this is deemed illegal then the BATF should make all guns that possibly can be modified to go FA illegal.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the legality of the unbent DIAS was making its way through the courts somewhere.

I thought the guy who was fighting was picked up because he could not prove that his purchase was for anything other than committing a felony.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the legality of the unbent DIAS was making its way through the courts somewhere.

I thought the guy who was fighting was picked up because he could not prove that his purchase was for anything other than committing a felony.
Isn't it the State's burden to prove that he was doing whatever to commit a felony? Oh, I remember, guilty until proven innocent.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Not worth a potential trip to club fed IMO. I have fired a lot of full auto weapons, and while insanely fun, it is not too practical. Anecdotally, most of the sandbox videos I've watched, our boys with m4's are using semi auto anyway. Maybe someone who had access to these weapons for Uncle Sam can weigh in?

Don't get me wrong, if full auto became "legal" again, I'd be in line ASAP.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Not worth a potential trip to club fed IMO. I have fired a lot of full auto weapons, and while insanely fun, it is not too practical. Anecdotally, most of the sandbox videos I've watched, our boys with m4's are using semi auto anyway. Maybe someone who had access to these weapons for Uncle Sam can weigh in?

Don't get me wrong, if full auto became "legal" again, I'd be in line ASAP.

I feel eel the exact same way as you. They're a huge waste of money, and while fun, I wouldn't want to have to pay for all of the ammo.

Having said that, if they were made legal again, I'd buy one just to have one...because I could...and I wouldn't have to pay $20K+ for it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The only recommendation I have is to stay far far away from that.

Full auto is cool, but illegal full auto wouldn't be worth the penalties.

I do however really wish they would overturn the manufactured pre 1986 part about machine guns and let regular Joe's purchase ANY NEW Manufactured ones with the same NFA paperwork & wait time that they currently have set up for SBR's and suppressors.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The only recommendation I have is to stay far far away from that.

Full auto is cool, but illegal full auto wouldn't be worth the penalties.

I do however really wish they would overturn the manufactured pre 1986 part about machine guns and let regular Joe's purchase ANY NEW Manufactured ones with the same NFA paperwork & wait time that they currently have set up for SBR's and suppressors.
There is absolutely no reason this shouldn't happen! Imagine a full auto capable scar or g36. Range trips would be even more fun and ammo would get wasted by the trunk load!

·
Registered
703 Posts
There is absolutely no reason this shouldn't happen! Imagine a full auto capable scar or g36. Range trips would be even more fun and ammo would get wasted by the trunk load!
Yeah I really wish a large group of citizens would get together to allow people to purchase newly manufactured machine guns, just fill out your "special" paperwork and wait your 3-12 months like we do with any other NFA items.

Maybe I'll start the movement. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yeah I really wish a large group of citizens would get together to allow people to purchase newly manufactured machine guns, just fill out your "special" paperwork and wait your 3-12 months like we do with any other NFA items.

Maybe I'll start the movement. :mrgreen:
Second!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts