FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARMSLIST - For Sale: FN Herstal SCAR 16S, FDE, 5.56mm NATO *NIB*

Hello all,

longtime 17s owner, and soon to be 16s owner. I am looking for a new scar 16s and I came across this listing near my town. I would like to go check it out but I'm not sure what to think. The price is too low for a NIB scar 16s that's never been fired. I got a response from him on what town he lives in and his name. I looked that info up and turns out I found his profile on facebook. He lives in the same town he told me the rifle was in so that checks out.

I asked about more details on the rifle and since he responded with

"Just 10rds through it, i need the funds for my wife funeral that is why am giving it away price, thanks."

your thoughts? Would you at least check it out?

·
Registered
517 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true, it generally is fake. I wonder what he could get for that SCAR just selling it back to a gun store? If his price is lower than that, yeah its fake.

However, if you can do a face to face transfer or he is willing to transfer it through a FFL that will hold your money until the SCAR arrives and checks out.... why not

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sounds to good to be true! One of three things is going to happen. 1.) He made a typo and its 2700. 2.) You get into a shoot out when they try to rob you. 3.) He agree's to the FFL transfer and escrow not knowing how much the riffle really costs. It could have been inherited. I'll never forget the story of a wife who sold her late husband's firearm collect for what he paid. The husband keep all the receipts. So the women thought if you got what he paid for the she was happy.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If he is local why not meet him FTF? I've seen lightly used scars go for $1,700 before so it's not like $1,620 is WAY TOO LOW.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I will be reporting his auctions now.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Ask him to meet you face to face at his town's PD so you have the ser. # checked, If he makes up a excuse then run away.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
641 Posts
Generally the "meet me at the PD" line shoo's scammers away.

Most of the time they request the $ via non FTF transaction. That's shady indicator #1.

Reactions: LebbenB

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Generally the "meet me at the PD" line shoo's scammers away.

Most of the time they request the $ via non FTF transaction. That's shady indicator #1.
That is why I suggested it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Been flagged and removed.... As for Armslist being scam central, I tend to agree. That being said, I did find my FDE 16, with magpul selector, grip, stubby fore grip and 3 mags in my state for 2450 ftf, so provided I find something in state I will continue to use the site

·
Registered
604 Posts
Been flagged and removed.... As for Armslist being scam central, I tend to agree. That being said, I did find my FDE 16, with magpul selector, grip, stubby fore grip and 3 mags in my state for 2450 ftf, so provided I find something in state I will continue to use the site
Ditto. Found my Heavy thru Armslist and made a couple of great friends in the process.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've posted some trades on there and I agree. I'll do FTF but I'm leery to order out. Too many super crazy blowout 1200 scars and such. Then again I've gotten some fantastic deals from the interwebz. Now I'm just trying to pick up a 16.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts