1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Yes that ammo is top notch. Shoot it.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Federal Gold Medal Match is the "golden standard" when it comes to accuracy. You might be able to find factory ammo that's more accurate than it, but it's not common.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was told by a tech at Hornady that theh don't recommend their super performance ammo for semiautomatics.
It's been awhile so you may want to contact them for specifics. I believe that bolt can unlock while the bullet is still in the barrel. Something to do with
Increased chamber pressure from the specific powder mixture.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Shoot a variety of ammo to see what works best in your rifle.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was told by a tech at Hornady that theh don't recommend their super performance ammo for semiautomatics.
It's been awhile so you may want to contact them for specifics. I believe that bolt can unlock while the bullet is still in the barrel. Something to do with
Increased chamber pressure from the specific powder mixture.
sounds like total nonsense

·
Registered
77 Posts
It does. Again, don't take my word for it, contact Hornady directly. That is where I got the confirmation, just don't remember the specifics.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's interesting. I'm going to have to follow up I that, I have been shooting that out of my bolt and though about using it I the scar this next deer season. I have been burning up the pmc 147g fmj. At $13.50 a box right now I'm getting a nice pile of brass to reload some day

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just looked at the website.

With the advent of SuperformanceTM Ammunition, Light Magnum® and Heavy Magnum® Ammunition has been discontinued.
"Superformance ammunition provides all the positives of Light and Heavy Magnum (increased velocity without increased barrel wear), but has added benefits as well. Simply stated; Superformance provides 100 to 200 feet per second faster muzzle velocities than any conventional ammunition; there's no increase in felt recoil; no sacrifice in accuracy, and it gives up far less velocity when shot from shorter barreled rifles. Superformance is also friendly for use in all guns, including semi-autos, unlike Light and Heavy Magnum that had a pressure curve that wasn't conducive for use in semi-autos." - Jason Hornady, Vice President/Director of Sales.

just an FYI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts