FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
GREAT ammo, horrible price, welcome to the sorry state of things in 2020...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 5 cases of this ammo bought long time ago. I was thinking if they are not good for scar 17s, I would sell them if someone would pay $1/rd.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also got a bunch of South Africa and Portuguese 7.62x51. Are these clean ammo for scar 17s?

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
Also got a bunch of South Africa and Portuguese 7.62x51. Are these clean ammo for scar 17s?
If its brass cased, NATO manufactured ammo, or is of a reputable source, its fine. The only issue is if there is severe discoloration around the primer, etc. Then I would be concerned.

The internet is your friend. If there are any issues with this ammo, someone would have complained.

Portugal is a NATO member. South Africa produces reliable ammo.

Take the ammo manufacture and date of manufacture and lot number if you have it. Enter this into a valid search engine on the internet and you will get all the information you want.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All my nato crates are still sealed and I only can see the manufacture date on the crate.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also have cases of Venezuelan 7.62x51 ammo. Anybody has experience with this ammo? I heard some recall issues. Is this true? Thanks.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Totally joking buddy. I got some good deals with trading 10mm for 7.62x51. I got Germen MEN from 93 and got 700 rounds for 900 rounds of my magtech 10mm. Believe it or not 10mm at least in my area is everywhere and the price hasn't gone up because the demand isn't very high at all. I also purchased a few thousand rounds late last year for a steal.

I really only shoot my APC 308. My SCAR 17s has been setup for hunting and works well so I'm not going to get a new setup on that particular rifle and loadout.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Saw this ammo on gunbroker. Very expensive. Is this good for scar 17s?
With my personal experience, my 17 has cycled even old Com-block, steel copper washed ammo with zero malfunctions.
This seems very expensive.

·
Registered
640 Posts
With my personal experience, my 17 has cycled even old Com-block, steel copper washed ammo with zero malfunctions.
This seems very expensive.
It is very expensive today compared to 9 months ago, but today it's pretty much the going market price. In another 3 months, it may seem like it was a very cheap price because of the Joe Kameltoe premium...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts