FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am the new owner of a fnp45. because of work i havent made it to the range yet. the other day after work i took it out to clean it for my upcoming trip to the range and i noticed that the slide release on the left of the gun will work fine with the gun unloaded but the one on the right will only work with a round in the mag. i figured this out with a dummy round. i shoot left handed and would be using the right side slide release and could not get it to function with the gun unloaded.this gun is brand new and my first fn so is this normal?

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's normal. It may be difficult to work because that is not what it is designed for. It is a slide lock, not a slide release.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Wasn't this discussed a couple weeks ago?

I think that person had called FN and was told to pull back on the slide to release it when a fresh mag had been loaded.

·
Registered
319 Posts
djv38 said:
Wasn't this discussed a couple weeks ago?

I think that person had called FN and was told to pull back on the slide to release it when a fresh mag had been loaded.
Yep IIRC FN stated that the manual was wrong in stating it was a slide release. Like the 1911 it is a slide lock.

I have been seeing this pop up quite a bit on other forums as well.

Rifle and pistol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts