FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the forum and new to SCAR ownership. I picked up my Black SCAR 17 Wednesday. I dropped in a Geiselle Trigger tonight and noticed my bolt is not consistently locking open on an empty magazine. I have not been to range yet, I am experiencing this when I rack the charging handle back on an empty gun. It seems to catch the first time, but once I release it via bolt release, the magazine does not seem to push the bolt catch back up. I'm guessing this is a magazine issue, but I am about to by a stack of new magazines so I wanted some guidance to see if anyone else has seen this issue. I don't want to buy 10 new magazines if everyone has this issue. Probably wouldn't be a problem when firing, but this does not happen on any of my AR platforms.

Forum seems great and everyone seems very helpful, looking forward to contributing my own experiences down the road.

Duff

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the SCAR!

It sound like you may have gotten a bad magazine, similar to this thread. I would get another mag and try it. If it is the mag, you can send it to FN for a replacement.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All,

I really appreciate the guidance and the welcome, looking forward to contributing down the road.

Duff

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE... I ordered several (OK, 15..lol) from midway and the new mags have resolved the issue. My gun guy took care of the exchange on the mag I received with the gun...
Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts