FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up my transfer from my local FFL. FDE SCAR 17s. Awesome rifle, very impressed so far with weight and overall feel. Won't have a chance to get out and shoot it till next week but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Here it is next to its compatriots

I thought it amusing how the barrel on my BCM midlength upper is considerably thicker than that of the SCAR.

BTW Nice to meet you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you managed to get one with the colors pretty close to matching ^_^
Indeed! The vendor I purchased through (PrepperGunShop) was flat out amazing. I contacted them in advance and the owner himself was kind enough to go through his inventory
of FDE's and emailed me pictures of each one and let me choose. Outstanding customer service and they have won my business going forward. I'm kinda OCD about colors matching :th_1087:

·
Premium Member
9,724 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 17!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum from The Kave.... start saving now ..... my 17 put a hurting on me for a little while. Of course I over indulge... don't see my self running out of ammo for ( ever ? ).
Must say that I'm exploring dual optic options I have an ElCan which is popular but want the versitility of longer range glass due to me eye's and a new shooting location. It's just getting over the 2k lump sum for the optic AGAIN that holds me back. FN & pencil thin barrels... that shoot well !!!!
Just my .02
ENJOY !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah no kidding good glass ain't cheap! Never thought I'd come close to paying 2k for an optic but the SCAR almost commands it. I played around with a VCOG a couple weeks ago at local dealer and I loved it. Will be waiting for a good deal/sale after i lick my wounds for a good while.:cool:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome and I hope you enjoy your new 17!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts