FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, do not know if anyone wants to participate but I thought it would be informative to start a list of items that are getting harder to find to help anyone trying to finish off a build and just stock up on extra parts in the event things get the EO axe or Congress shuts down new manufacturing of said items. As always, we should all adhere to all local, state, and federal laws.

Here is my list of harder to find items in the

AR Platform:
Complete Upper Receiver Groups (Noveske, BCM, Spike's, Daniel Defense)
BCG

PSA still have both BCG & Uppers receiver groups

FN Scar17:
Mags

Reloading materials:
Primers

Just about everywhere Iook, I can't seem to find these items in stock!

I would also add that it appears that more and more places are selling out of Stanag Magpul Mags for 5.56/223. You can still find plenty right now but I have noticed some places are sold out.

·
Premium Member
9,615 Posts
I had to look a little harder than usual for a BUIS set a week or two ago...found what I needed, but it took some scrounging. I haven't been shopping much, so it was a little jarring to see how picked over things were. Sure, I figured it would be slim pickings, but you don't appreciate it until you see it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
If you are looking for AR uppers and parts have you looked at PSA? They seem to have 100+ uppers in stock, and a large variety of BCG's. Not sure I would list them as hard to find. PSA may not be the best quality, but I have shot a lot worse.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are looking for AR uppers and parts have you looked at PSA? They seem to have 100+ uppers in stock, and a large variety of BCG's. Not sure I would list them as hard to find. PSA may not be the best quality, but I have shot a lot worse.
That is true. I guess I should have stipulated that BCM, Noveske, Spikes, DD, and others are hard to find.

Good call if you are needing one. I have several of the FN barreled uppers and they are GTG. The problem is that they have gone up by more than several hundred bucks each.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The days of cheap AR parts are gone for a while I’m afraid.

ive been stocking up on lowers and BCGs myself.

I bought a couple 10 packs of lowers a couple years ago when PSA has them on ale for $39.99 each. Glad I did now.

BCGs were cheap also until about 9 months ago. They are starting to get hard to find at the cheaper prices.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PSA had some military contract BCG overruns in 2019 that were $49 each. Glad I stocked up then.

And yes, those lower deals were awesome. I bought the goofy Meme lowers when they were clearances out at $29.99 each. I say goofy, some are cool I guess and since they were clearances, it seemed to make sense. Shipping was $9 each and then I paid $5 to a local FFL per lower. I have my regular guy that never charges me a transfer fee but I didn't want to inundate him with lowers.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to look a little harder than usual for a BUIS set a week or two ago...found what I needed, but it took some scrounging. I haven't been shopping much, so it was a little jarring to see how picked over things were. Sure, I figured it would be slim pickings, but you don't appreciate it until you see it.
I noticed that too. I went ahead and bought some Midwest Industries and Griffin Armament to finish off some builds. I like both but I will warn you, those Griffin are just about impossible to flip up. They are super stiff and will not hardly flip up. I am hoping with time they will loosen up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gun safes will be on that list very soon, steel shortages coming, my local stores are without and have been for weeks. My father owns a commercial agriculture business in Iowa (grain bins, dryers etc) and their suppliers aren't taking orders past July 2021, they don't have the steel for it. Fortunately, Faxon is just a few miles away, though not FN, can still get BCGs and AR parts from them. HM Defense and the Poverty Pony are local as well.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gun safes will be on that list very soon, steel shortages coming, my local stores are without and have been for weeks. My father owns a commercial agriculture business in Iowa (grain bins, dryers etc) and their suppliers aren't taking orders past July 2021, they don't have the steel for it. Fortunately, Faxon is just a few miles away, though not FN, can still get BCGs and AR parts from them. HM Defense and the Poverty Pony are local as well.
That is good to know. It may mean that USA made safe will either go up in price or not be available.
I wonder if Chinese steel is in short supply. I know a lot of the lower priced safes are made in China.

Primers? Almost non-existent everywhere I seem to look
I added primers to the list of reloading supplies.

I will keep up the list and a place where people can find stuff if people want to post info. I added PSA in red still has BCGs and Upper receiver groups.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Magpul MAG571 GEN M2 30 round mags

UPC 873750008264

I have taken a few pics of gun.deals using the UPC above and noticed several places are sold out.

PSA has had these for $79.90 per 10 with free shipping around a year or two ago. Right now they are going to cost you around $12 to $13 shipped.

I am not saying these are going to be sold out everywhere but there is a trend that these are being sold out and going up in price.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Magpul MAG571 GEN M2 30 round mags

UPC 873750008264

I have taken a few pics of gun.deals using the UPC above and noticed several places are sold out.

PSA has had these for $79.90 per 10 with free shipping around a year or two ago. Right now they are going to cost you around $12 to $13 shipped.

I am not saying these are going to be sold out everywhere but there is a trend that these are being sold out and going up in price.
What's interesting to me is normal capicity mags have not gone up in price near as bad as they did right after Sandy Hook. Back then mags were going as much as $25 each.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's interesting to me is normal capicity mags have not gone up in price near as bad as they did right after Sandy Hook. Back then mags were going as much as $25 each.
Correct, and I am not sure what is different. Maybe the demand has been meet a long time ago. Maybe the guys back in 2013 are sitting on piles of normal capacity mags and haven't been buying. Maybe there is just a ton of them.

More places are sold out now than just a few days ago.

I am hoping that supply will meet demand and the stores sold out now will soon have them for sale.

·
Premium Member
9,615 Posts
Nevermind. I can't read.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think supply will meet demand any time soon, what with the new talk of more gun regulation. I think people are stocking up in hopes that if it does get shoved through, they'll get grandfathered in, like say CO did with their "high capacity" mags.

The ammo thing... I think it's just the plethora of new gun owners that have practically dried up consumer ammo supplies. Even if each new gun owner buys 200 rounds of ammo, you're looking at over a billion rounds there. This, not taking into account the ammo hoarders and preppers. And no, I'm not disparaging to either. I too have at least... 30 rounds of ammo hidden away.... Ok, 32 rounds.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts