FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:icon_wtf::icon_wtf:Christmas came early for me this year. Finally got my dream rifle tonight. Can't wait to get the barrel hot on this thing. I have only been a member for a short time but I've learned a lot and look forward to learning more. Here she is fresh out of the cardboard box.:)

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy that new SCAR smell.

Reactions: Chunknled

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any ideas what accessories you're going to start with?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably a Magpul grip that a member here sells for the Scar. I am going to put a optic on it but I have not decided on which one yet. I have a few Vortex Viper PST scopes and they are solid scopes. I might go with the Viper PST 1-4x24. Not for sure yet. I am open to all ideas.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the scar brotherhood, you certainly have great taste buying the more accurate FDE version. It is testament to how well you are going to fit in here. :welldoneif4:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats! How far out do you intend to shoot?

The farthest I would be shooting is between 200-300 yds. That's why I was leaning on the 1-4x optic.
I will be hunting with the Scar in the hardwoods where I would only have about a hundred yd shot max. I already have a long range rifle for the beanfields. Also will be shooting steel and just having fun with it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The farthest I would be shooting is between 200-300 yds. That's why I was leaning on the 1-4x optic.
I will be hunting with the Scar in the hardwoods where I would only have about a hundred yd shot max. I already have a long range rifle for the beanfields. Also will be shooting steel and just having fun with it.
Yes sir, a 1-4 sounds like the perfect optic for you. Vortex is a great optic. They are the "most bang for the buck" IMHO

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree. I have a Viper PST 6-24 and 4-16 and they are great scopes that track very well and the glass is good for their price point.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
You know ... I can still remember bringing mine home... what a great day ! I don't know about anyone else but I always keep the 17 up front in the safe and when moving things around even if it not 1st I still look to make sure it still there.....

Congratulations

·
Registered
35 Posts
You know ... I can still remember bringing mine home... what a great day ! I don't know about anyone else but I always keep the 17 up front in the safe and when moving things around even if it not 1st I still look to make sure it still there.....

Congratulations
I know how you feel! Mine sat in my local gunshop for 6 months waiting for me to come back from being overseas for some leave. As soon as I got off of the plane I went straight from the airport to pick it up :-D I still call it the crown jewel of my collection and I don't see that changing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts