Premium Member
10,026 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy that new SCAR smell.

Reactions: Chunknled

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably a Magpul grip that a member here sells for the Scar. I am going to put a optic on it but I have not decided on which one yet. I have a few Vortex Viper PST scopes and they are solid scopes. I might go with the Viper PST 1-4x24. Not for sure yet. I am open to all ideas.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats! How far out do you intend to shoot?

The farthest I would be shooting is between 200-300 yds. That's why I was leaning on the 1-4x optic.
I will be hunting with the Scar in the hardwoods where I would only have about a hundred yd shot max. I already have a long range rifle for the beanfields. Also will be shooting steel and just having fun with it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The farthest I would be shooting is between 200-300 yds. That's why I was leaning on the 1-4x optic.
I will be hunting with the Scar in the hardwoods where I would only have about a hundred yd shot max. I already have a long range rifle for the beanfields. Also will be shooting steel and just having fun with it.
Yes sir, a 1-4 sounds like the perfect optic for you. Vortex is a great optic. They are the "most bang for the buck" IMHO

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
You know ... I can still remember bringing mine home... what a great day ! I don't know about anyone else but I always keep the 17 up front in the safe and when moving things around even if it not 1st I still look to make sure it still there.....

Congratulations

·
Registered
35 Posts
You know ... I can still remember bringing mine home... what a great day ! I don't know about anyone else but I always keep the 17 up front in the safe and when moving things around even if it not 1st I still look to make sure it still there.....

Congratulations
I know how you feel! Mine sat in my local gunshop for 6 months waiting for me to come back from being overseas for some leave. As soon as I got off of the plane I went straight from the airport to pick it up :-D I still call it the crown jewel of my collection and I don't see that changing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.