FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mailed my new PS90 off to [email protected] on Sep 5 for the whole SBR process. Mark was patient with me and answered all of my questions (and also sold me an M&P 22 Compact with a Sweet Adapter I might add). I shipped it off to him, he did his magic, back to my FFL/SOT (who made a mistake with the Form 4 ironically at ATF's direction) and then I was finally able to pick it up yesterday, May 8! Got it all oiled up, added the rest of my Man Kave accessories and slapped in the first magazine. Can't wait to shoot this thing! The only change I'm thinking of making is moving my TA44 over to a different rifle and ordering one of those EA new Black Ring/Green sights!

Looks like my new favorite!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Need some pics! I have a barrel out to TROS right now for bout 4 weeks, looks like it'll be 2-3 more until he can get some adapters in, so I'm waiting.

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How difficult was the barrel to remove? In hindsight, that would've saved a good 3 months or so, but I don't really have a vice and a nice setup to do that kind of work

·
Registered
289 Posts
No vice here either, just used an angle grinder and held the receiver down by hand with gloves/glasses. Sliced through right behind the blind pin, threw a dowel down the barrel to hold the springs and done. Hell of a lot easier than getting the lower barrel support off my 17s.

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Gratz on the SBR PS90!

Yes, please post pics.

Quite honestly, TROS is the best thing you did on the SBR process instead of doing it yourself.
The craftsmanship is impeccable from what I can see of others SBR PS90s from TROS.

Also, it figures the BATFE would screw up. They must have their heads up their butts when they told you FFL/SOT to use the wrong form.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will when I get her out of the safe again. Still eagerly awaiting that factory illuminated black ring sight from EA. Although I didn't think it would, I think the Larue Mini ACOG mount with the TA44 is a bit high. I had heard some less than positive things about the other low ACOG mounts (and I'm looking to get a Tavor anyway) so I might just put the TA44 on that.

For the benefit of everyone else going through the process, my FFL/SOT is very experienced in doing transfers but he said the ATF specifically told him to append the text "Dated: Month, Day, Year" to the name of the Trust on the Form 4, which he did. When he sent the form in, the examiner put it in problem status just because of this text. He had to wait for the form to come back, strike a line through that part, and sent it back. A month later, I had my approval. Lesson learned, don't put the dated information on your trust name

Gratz on the SBR PS90!

Yes, please post pics.

Quite honestly, TROS is the best thing you did on the SBR process instead of doing it yourself.
The craftsmanship is impeccable from what I can see of others SBR PS90s from TROS.

Also, it figures the BATFE would screw up. They must have their heads up their butts when they told you FFL/SOT to use the wrong form.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts