FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I ordered/bought a FiveseveN yesterday from Graf's in Mexico, MO. I was able to trade on some stuff to them, so the cost was (for me) quite reasonable. Plus, I was able to get two boxes of ammo on the deal.

Now, I'm holding my breath until tomorrow (Friday). They are supposed to call me when it comes in.

More soon,

MO Anglo-Saxon

·
Registered
249 Posts
where in MO are you located?

Im in K.C.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
McLovin -

I spend about a week every month in KC. One of our vendors is on Metcalf near 58th (Broadmoor), and we have a division office further south at Metcalf and College Ave.

:?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
McLovin, all,

I'm located near Hannibal, MO. I do get over by KC every now and then. The drive to Graf's was about an hour over, but it was worth it now that I have one on the way.

I only hope that I can sleep tonight.

MO Anglo-Saxon

By the way the Anglo-Saxon is a reference to my other "baby" an Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf. So, now I have both big, slow-moving and small, fast-moving bullets covered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All,

Unfortunately, there was a garble in communications, and my next day shipped FiveseveN turned out to be two day shipping. Also unfortunately, one of those days was Saturday, and evidently FEDEX doesn't deliver on Saturday. So, my pistol should be here tomorrow (Monday). That means that with work, I probably won't be able to do anything with it until next weekend. :evil: I'll let you know how it works then.

MO Anglo-Saxon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IT'S HERE!

I went to Graf's and picked it up today. So far, all I've been able to do is examine it. It will be Saturday before I can head to the range.

MO Anglo-Saxon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All,

Well, here are some general impressions and questions.

1. The pistol grip feels large in my (admittedly smallish) hand, but not so large that I can't manipulate the magazine release and the safety.

2. The weight is quite a lot less than I'm used to. I really will have to get used to it. However, I am betting that it will ride on my hip a lot more comfortably than any other pistol. I do shot a lot, so I am used to holding a handgun, so I guess that I'll get used to this one too.

3. Field-stripping was a bear. I couldn't get the slide a little way back and operate the release lever all with my left hand. I ended up using my right fingers to pull back on the slide and then release the lever with my left hand. I've had to do this with other pistols in the past.

4. I'm hoping that it's ok to dry-fire this pistol because the decocking procedure calls for dry-firing. I've heard that the only thing to not dry-fire is a .22 revolver, but I've been leary of dry-firing in the past.

I'll have some more after this weekend when I actually make it to the range.

MO Anglo-Saxon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Madhouse,

No, if I remember correctly, the instructions called for holding the pistol grip in your right hand and pushing back the slide .25" with your left hand. It also called for engaging the slide release with your left thumb. I could not push back the slide and engage the release all with my left hand. But, by holding the pistol and pulling back on the slide with my right (dominant) hand, I was able to use my left hand to engage the slide release.

MO Anglo-Saxon

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
LOL, sorry, I must've misinterpreted what you were saying.

I do it that way too - right palm on the grip, fingers on the top of the slide, pull back the slide and use my left hand to disengage the slide and ease it off the pistol.

:?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts