FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no familiarity with HANDL products other than what I've been learning from the Keyboard Kommandos of tactical reviews and such.

Through Gunbroker, I've become friends with a guy in AZ who has all high-end stuff and frequently likes to divest bits and pieces from his collection to, I presume, make room for newer high-end stuff. He knows his hobby and his items are top-choice.
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

So he texts me with pictures of this complete NIB HANDL lower for a 17...it's color matched to the FDE 17S I boiught from him last year. He wants $1600 for it and says he's already sold off 2 others and this is his last one. He's giving me a week to think about it.

My 17 is fully built with all the typical upgrades. I can afford it but thought about reaching out to this group for a little sage input. With HANDL being out of business, I'm thinking it's a crap-shoot if I have fitment or function issues.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
326 Posts
And the US cellular in the upper left corner of the photo seems fake. Never heard of them .

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
No way I'd buy it, no warranty since they're out of business and it is from a company known to have produced lowers with problems. I also don't care for the design of that lower, looks like a cheap version of a FAL.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
[
Funny thing is he's never left! lmao!
Once again, there is truth in your words. Where oh where or who oh who is good ole Sport now? I promised him a good old friendly game of fire tag. You know where you throw napalm balls at each other, great fun! I just got me Nomex onesie back from the dry cleaners.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
34 Posts
Am I missing something here? I got a Handl lower for free a few months ago. I know the SSR is different, but $1600?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Actually one thing is missing.
The Mod 2 is a magnesium lower which was significantly more expensive
However, I think the price is still too high :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts