FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here goes...

I have a PS-90 and I would like to get a set of rails for it... left and right side.
I would also like to entertain the thought of replacing the current sight it has with a rail attached Aimpoint. I know Aimpoints and have used them for many years now.

What I don't want to do, is buy the wrong stuff. I would like to spend money on my firearm, but I want to spend money once and get the best quality rails for my PS90.

What can you recommend that is out there, and why?
Your experiences are valuable to me... and I hope to hear back.

Thanks in advance.

Y-

·
Registered
395 Posts
I highly recommend the CMMG side rails!

I was lucky enough to find a set at the gun show where I bought my PS90 Saturday.

They fit great, excellent quality, screws and allen wrench included.

I paid $60 OTD but thye retail for about $75 or so.

I've seen cheaper ones, but haven't handled them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on CMMG Rails. Like I said, I don't mind spending money, but I just want to do it once...
;)

thanks

Y-

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
In all honesty - rails are rails. The CMMG rails are mucho expensive. And, the top, optic rail sites higher.

I have rails from magazine parts - but my side rails are their extended rails. I also like their optic rail, as it sits fairly low.

Critical Dimensions here sells side rails at a good price. I did a review on them in the Product review section. Also, MRF Tech (another sponsor here - his logo is at the top of the page) sells rails as well. He has a great price on his optic rail. And, so far, people have commented positively on his rails. From the photos, it appears that his optic rail sits as low as the one I got from magazine parts.

I order a lot of stuff from CMMG and love their service - but I think U can save some serious cash and get rails from other places as well.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Another vote for the CMMG siderails but others may suit your needs as well. For an Aimpoint you have a couple of options. MagazineParts makes a good optics rail if you don't mind the optic sitting higher than the factory ringsight: http://www.magazineparts.com/ and TROS USA makes a special Aimpoint mount that's supposed to sit as low as the factory ringsight: http://www.trosusa.com/
HTH...
Tomac

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looks like Magazine Parts is out of business...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Turbozag said:
Looks like Magazine Parts is out of business...
I saw the site page - but they may be back. maybe there is some issue with the owners. It looks like it will come back - it's kinda indeterminate from the info listed the last time I looked - unless some other new message has been put up.

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
From what I know. Tylers Father was very ill in Jan and Feb and Tyler had to go and take care of him. Maybe that has something to do with the temporary closure? :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Another vote for the trosusa mount if you want to use an Aimpoint. A big vote for an ERT Urban sling. And I bought the MPF side rails, but have not installed them yet. In fact, I probably won't because the rifle is currently being DuraCoated and the side rails will probably mess up the look. Here is what I did to mine before sending it off for coating.

http://www.ps90forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=993

TA

·
Registered
426 Posts
We sell the side mount accessory rails for $22 each or $42 for a set of two. Our rails have the correct factory height to allow easy slide-on & off of any accessories. Rails attach to either side of receiver using the exsisting threaded holes, fasteners included. More info can be found under Product Reviews and our sponsor section of this site.
I guess this is as good a place as any to announce our new optic rail. Price is $60. I'll be posting pics later today.
All of our products are made in USA and precision CNC machined.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Cool, thanx for the update.

TA

·
Registered
152 Posts
Another vote for cmmg side rails, they are light weight and strong, and dont stick out as far as other rails, nice for a more compact rifle.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Fn_ps90 said:
Another vote for cmmg side rails, they are light weight and strong, and dont stick out as far as other rails, nice for a more compact rifle.
Well, I think Critical Dimension's rails are about the same, more or less. But I have the Magazine Parts extended rails. I bought them on purpose (this was prior to Crit Dimension, MPF Tech and others selling them) because I liked the extended lenth - I think they look kewl :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts