FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking forward to the iwi galil, ace to be released later this year- wonder what information is out there. Conversation, pre-orders? I'm aware it will come in with differnt calibers, different barrel lengths, as well as a pistol version. What are your thoughts.

Atlantic has a webpage for it already:

IWI Galil ACE

personally I'm i retested in the pistol ak variant (7.62x39) with the arm brace-- to be sbr'd

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks very nice, IWI knows their stuff. I have very limited experience with 7.62x39 (had a wasr once), but if I was in the market for one I would definitely consider picking one up. The biggest competition I see in its price range is Krebs, so its all really in what you desire.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I'm looking forward to the iwi galil, ace to be released later this year- wonder what information is out there. Conversation, pre-orders? I'm aware it will come in with differnt calibers, different barrel lengths, as well as a pistol version. What are your thoughts.

Atlantic has a webpage for it already:

IWI Galil ACE

personally I'm i retested in the pistol ak variant (7.62x39) with the arm brace-- to be sbr'd
the Galil Ace.... based on the Vamet & AK of course. Not found any pre orders, the 7.62x39 will be here in March & April. The 7.62x51 in October and 5.56 in 2016 the last time I checked. If you want to nfa SBR it thr 922r parts will be available. Im going to pick up a rifle in April if I don't change my mind before then.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the Galil Ace.... based on the Vamet & AK of course. Not found any pre orders, the 7.62x39 will be here in March & April. The 7.62x51 in October and 5.56 in 2016 the last time I checked. If you want to nfa SBR it thr 922r parts will be available. Im going to pick up a rifle in April if I don't change my mind before then.

Yeah really thinking x39. Love that round, and in an Sbr- that would be awesome. No sence in doing a 308 for Sbr as that would be I think better for a longer barrel. But a 308 Sbr would make a hell of a truck gun!!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Yeah really thinking x39. Love that round, and in an Sbr- that would be awesome. No sence in doing a 308 for Sbr as that would be I think better for a longer barrel. But a 308 Sbr would make a hell of a truck gun!!
Im going x39 for sure. I like the round and you can get a 1000rds for $240! Its like an AK but better! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
I'd really like the x39 pistol to SBR. But I'm working on a list right now and I don't know if I'll have any cash left when I'm done. I could start collecting bottles and cans, I suppose. :smile:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I already told my gun shop that I wanted a 7.62x39 and a 7.62 NATO. I am passing on the 5.56 version because the US import model uses M16 mag instead of Galil mag. I'm not going to buy a badass gun that utilizes M16 mag when a version of it features the better mag. With guns like the SCAR16, Beretta ARX100, Tavor, you have no choice because the mag comes only in one flavor - STANAG. But when IWI US decided to import the ACE with STANAG mag only, then it's not for me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts