FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new FNS9 is jamming at the feed ramp. I love the gun except for that. My friend has a new one also doing the same thing. Both of us are using new ammo. Any thoughts? :sad:

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Rounds nosing into the bottom of the feed ramp? If you could, take a picture of the failure.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winchester white box...Remington green box...UMC..Whatever I come across. Never had a problem with these in my XDs or XDm.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Okay, failure to return to battery. That clears it up. That is due to the stiff recoil spring and weaker ammo. Once it gets broken in a bit, it'll go away. Basically, the slide isn't traveling all the way back, so it doesn't have enough force to load the next round.

Have you had the slide fail to lock back as well?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies to all. No. Never had the slide fail to lock. Just fail to return to battery. I'll have fun breaking it in and when it's not being used I'll go with the advice to lock it back for a while. :?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Or work the slide while watching TV. That'll help speed it up as well.

Reactions: dbbrooks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah that makes a big difference. When I got mine I cleaned it. Put some lube on the trigger bar lubed barrel hood and the contact points on the slide. I put some mil-comm grease on the rails in frame. Normally I dont use the grease but figured it would help the slide glide smoother during break in. First 100 rnds were 124grn federal and cci 124grn. After that whatever ammo I could put in her.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Also, if you can find it, try the ZQI 9mm. It's actual NATO STANAG (essentially a 147gr ++p). If that doesn't get you a full cycle, something could be wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts