·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing.

I also was wondering how much length it adds to the barrel, and is there any increase in velocity due to the extended barrel?

·
Registered
980 Posts
All I know is they made a bad lot recently. I don't know it they were all recalled and replaced. For this reason I would be a little weary of any 'good ' deals on second-hand barrels.
That said, I'm thinking of getting one too.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Most of the bad ones from last spring/summer should have been replaced but if you got one of the bad ones, you can just send it in for a new one.

I have a couple 5.7 Jarvis barrels. One on an IOM and one on a USG.
The barrel w/thread protector adds about 1 cm to length.
As for does it increase velocity? I don't know since I don't have a any means to measure it. It may but I wouldn't expect too much.
I have not noticed any accuracy difference when shooting the Jarvis and standard barrel, at least not for me anyway.

As for surpressing it, I don't own a can yet so I can't help you out with that one.

As a side note, you have to take the thread protector off when changing barrels; otherwise, its a PITA! :twisted:

Jarvis on IOM

Jarvis on USG

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just ordered one and will post my review as soon as I get it in and to the range.

Thanks for the info and pics. :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered mine

I just ordered my barrel. how long has the turn around time been for others?
thanks for the info.

·
Registered
408 Posts
As to the velocity question, generally speaking, a barrel will add very little velocity to most rounds. On the order of 20-30fps per inch of barrel. That is a very subjective measurement as velocities between exact batches of ammo can have that same variance. To sum up, there would be a negligeable amount of velocity increase at the lengths your talking about.

Zhur

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing.

I also was wondering how much length it adds to the barrel, and is there any increase in velocity due to the extended barrel?
As just stated above, I do not believe that there would be any noticeable difference in velocity. The longer barrel on the PS90 only grants an extra 200 fps, and that is with an extra 6 inches.

·
Registered
83 Posts

it shoots great suppressed. Less recoil, faster follow up shots. Haven't really shot it for accuracy yet though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts