FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incase anyone wants to know what a Jarvis Threaded Barrel looks like on a FiveseveN before they buy one:

IOM

USG

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know what it looks like, still waiting to get some paperwork for the other thread protector. The bad guys say it went pending on May18th, still waiting....(check cashed May5)

·
Administrator
11,103 Posts
Orbital said:
I know what it looks like, still waiting to get some paperwork for the other thread protector. The bad guys say it went pending on May18th, still waiting....(check cashed May5)
Dude:

I had the same problem with my other thread protector for my HK. Turns out that the bad guys approved it on 31 Jul but the freekin local gun shop sat on the paperwork for an additional 6 weeks with their thumbs up their ASSSSSSSSSSSSes.

Too bad for them, as I greatly enjoyed telling them that they could have made another 10 grand off of me in gun sales this month alone but they lost all my buisness because of their lack-a-dasical attitude.

Loved the expression on their faces.... :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
this really was the ATF. The guys at the gun shop were getting the crap bugged out of them. I went in on the day it arrived and got one of them to go check the mail for me. It started something, I'm going to be cutting down on guns and having more of the barrels threaded.

·
Administrator
11,103 Posts
It allows you to put a 'can' (silencer) on you firearm, once you get the approval of the ATF ($200.00) plus the cost of the silencer itself ~ $450 - $650.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Is the threaded barrel something that needs approval, or just the can?

Also, are the threads the same as any threaded barrel that would would find on a [say] AR-15?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Orion said:

Also, are the threads the same as any threaded barrel that would would find on a [say] AR-15?
No, U can buy the threaded barrel w/o approval. It is the can that needs the ATF stuff...

·
Administrator
11,103 Posts
Orion said:

The threading on the Jarvis is Metric M10X1mm whereas the standard threading on the AR15 is 1/2 X 28 TPI.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I really got to get an adapter made so I can use this can on my buckmark

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been advised to polish the chamber up a bit but I was having some cycling problems with the subsonics with the standard barrel. I may need to beef up the load a little better than the 4.2 grains of True Blue. But first I will work the pistol over. Also I have two FiveSevens so I will also try on the other frame.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts