FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday, liberal activist Jesse Jackson repeated his claim that semi-automatic weapons can shoot down airplanes and said they could also "blow up railroads."

“Semi-automatic weapons are not just about gun control, they’re about national security,” he said while appearing on Fox News.

“You know that these weapons can shoot down airplanes, they can blow up railroads. This is really a whole national security issue,” he added.

Jackson said he was okay with having a gun for the house, or a gun for hunting.
“But these semi-automatic, military-style assault weapons -- they shot at the White House two years ago, so none of us are safe,” he added.

Last month, Jackson made a similar claim.
"The young man who did the killing in Aurora, Colorado, with the arsenal he had– he was right near the airport, right near the runways [in] Denver. He could shoot down airplanes, so this is a matter of homeland security as well," he said.

That claim, The Blaze said, was called "laughable" by a former CIA officer.
"I just read the Jesse Jackson quote and quite frankly it’s laughable," said Jason Hanson, author of​ "The Covert Guide to Concealed Carry​."

"It’s clear Rev. Jackson doesn’t know the first thing about rifles and guns in general. It’s like me making a comment about quilting, something I know absolutely nothing about," he added. "With the type of rifle that James Holmes had it would be impossible to shoot down a plane. Okay, nothing is impossible, but it would be as likely as aliens knocking on my front door tomorrow."

Chris Gahr, who assisted in aircraft investigations while in the Marine Corps, told the Blaze that one would "have a better chance of being hit by lightning while winning the lottery than bringing down a commercial airliner with the weapons that [accused Aurora, Colorado shooter James] Holmes carried."

More: Jesse Jackson claims semi-automatic rifles can 'blow up railroads' - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

·
Registered
244 Posts
Farmers can back a couple of trucks up to an airport and blow them sky high!! We better ban all farmers.... For the good of the Nation... Just THINK OF THE CHILDREN! :roll:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would think these fat cats should focus more on drunks on the road - but this would also reiterate that it is often times impossible to legislate the actions of the crazies and idiots whom walk amongst us everyday. The simple truth is that these liberals are more readily accepting of a drunk driver killing their family then the remote chance that a crazy shoot's their neighbor. You can't argue facts... how many die from drunk driving as opposed to a mass shooting?

It's getting closer and closer to tear up that social contract we inherently signed when we joined society, and start anew.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'd be ashamed of this man's stupidity if he represented me in any form or fashion. Since he doesn't, I find this hysterical.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Lets see... a rifle is so powerful that it can shoot down planes and blow up railroads, yet it is used every day in thousands of shooting ranges across the nation (even shot by kids under supervision) without leaving the entire area in a pile of rubble.

Someone so monumentally idiotic as to claim that and expect people to believe it is the real national security threat.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Self appointed, mind you!

I would hate to even think of rubbing (anointing) anything to do with that creep near me let alone on me. The mere thought makes me want to projectile vomit.

And to think that this idiot has been anointed as the spokesperson for the black race.

·
Registered
961 Posts
"Thunder stick go boom and down come bird machine..."

Really? Consistently making himself relevant by being an awful jackass!

·
Registered
252 Posts
If Jesse had any brains, he would take them out and play with them. It is amazing how "Gun Grabber" don't know anything about guns. Most of their dribble is emotional crap!

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
He's very much an ignorant AND repugnant twit. He still reminds me of a cicada, makes about the same noise (very irritating) while accomplishing precious little. He would be considerably more tolerable if like my applied namesake he only appeared every 13 or 17 years, clung to a tree, screamed and hollered then died leaving nothing more than a harmless exoskeleton.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Now to be fair you can take out an airliner with a 5.56. IF you can make it to the runway with your weapon and IF you can unload 30 rounds into the engine intake just as it lifts off the ground. IF you're not sucked into the intake first or shot dead by some security guard.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Whoa I thought that they used to blow up trains with Winchesters, a SCAR should knock a whole two mile train off the tracks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't know what kinds of semi-autos YOU slackers are shooting, but mine can do ALL that he claimed, AND EVEN MORE! My semi-autos take out planes, trains, and automobiles, have a MINIMUM effective range of 7 nautical miles, and are all limitlessly belt fed, so I can shoot for days and days. And I also installed this shoulder thing that goes up, maybe you've heard of it? Makes EVERY round pin-point sniper accurate. Hell, I don't even have to aim. The semi-auto does all the work. Ok, MOST of the work. I do have to load it and give it the proper "kill" command. But after that! Wow! It just does my bidding for me!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts