FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Joe the Plumber' Considers Run for Congress

Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher, known on the presidential campaign trail as 'Joe the Plumber,' considers a run for 'Joe the Congressman'

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Will "Joe the Plumber" compete for the new title of "Joe the Congressman" in 2010? Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher says he's thinking about it.

The Ohio plumber, whose nickname became a quick catchphrase on the presidential campaign trail, told FOX News' Neil Cavuto on Saturday that he's considering a run for Congress in response to recent chatter on Web sites and talk shows.

"Politics is a big part of my life. I love how American government works," Wurzelbacher told Cavuto, adding that he often has asked himself, "What can I do to make a difference?"

Wurzelbacher burst on the national political landscape after questioning Barack Obama's tax policies during a rally in Ohio, and he became an overnight political celebrity when Obama and John McCain made numerous references to "Joe the Plumber" in their final debate.

Wurzelbacher said the notion of running for Congress just came up on Friday, and no party officials have contacted him. He hasn't made any decisions.

"That is something I'm going to think about and make a decision," he said. "Somebody's got to really think about that, because you're going to serve the people. You're not serving yourself doing that, you're serving the people."

The incumbent in Wurzelbacher's Ohio congressional district is longtime Rep. Marcy Kaptur, a Democrat.

"I'll tell you what, we'd definitely be in one heck of a fight," Wurzelbacher said told Laura Ingraham on her talk show Friday, "but, you know, I'd be up for it."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/25/joe-plumber-considers-run-congress/

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I love how American government works
I wish I could say the same, because right now, it AIN'T working.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I comfort myself with the fact that I have TONS of ammo stored up when the Obamanation turn most of the country into zombies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts