FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John McCain appears on 'Saturday Night Live'

John McCain (as himself) and Tina Fey (as Sarah Palin) mocked Barack Obama's infomercial in the opening segment of "Saturday Night Live."

"Obama purchased airtime on three major networks," McCain said. "We, however, can only afford QVC."

The Republican presidential candidate was self-deprecating about his underdog standing in the polls and Obama's financial spending advantage.

"I'm a true maverick -- a Republican without money," McCain said.

Fey's Palin joked about "goin' rogue" and having political aspirations beyond Election Day.

"We got a buncha' these 'Palin in 2012' T-shirts," she said. "I'm either runnin' in four years or I'm gonna be a white Oprah so, you know, I'm good either way."

Here's the first clip:

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/11/mccain-snl-vide.html

·
Registered
320 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was good! I'm really impressed that McCain and Palin were both good sports about going on a show that has historically been, anti-McCain/Palin.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I just finished watching in on DVR. Ben Affleck was funny as Keith Oberman and as Alec Baldwin too

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I think Palin/McCain are trying to take advantage of it since SNL has typically been harsh with them. It's pretty "Mavericky" of them. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts