FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He picked the best person for the job, he picked Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin She just happen to be a woman. :?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Too bad you really believe that.... :lol:

Honestly - it is unlikely anyone will vote for either candidate because of a VP pic - the only exception to that would likely be if Obama had picked Hilary. While I'll never vote for Obama, I can see how that pick may have gotten him some votes...

·
Registered
857 Posts
ShipWreck said:

Honestly - it is unlikely anyone will vote for either candidate because of a VP pic - the only exception to that would likely be if Obama had picked Hilary. While I'll never vote for Obama, I can see how that pick may have gotten him some votes...
I disagree - I was not high on McCain at all
If I voted I was going to vote for him as a anti McCain vote.
Now with his VP pick he has me energized and I am excited about the election. Listening to talk radio today, seem like there are many other that think the same way i do.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ShipWreck said:

Well, for starters I think she is more in touch with the American people than the big O ticket or even McCain. She owns firearms and shoots them, she is a member of the NRA, she has a record for standing up to special interest groups and wasteful government spending. She knows what it is like to live on a budget and have a mortgage.

Obama, Biden and even McCain have lived sheltered lives compared to the rest of us.

I know she is not perfect, but who is?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I'm not saying anything is wrong with her - at least not yet. But, I was just disagreeing that the pick wasn't because she was a woman.

I never heard of her before, so I will admit to not knowing anything about her. However, I have heard 1 neg. Apparently, her sister was in a divorce, and her brother in law was a State Trooper. Apparently, the gov told the director of that dept to fire this brother in law. When that DIrector refused, the governor apparently fired the director.

Now, there is an investigation, and she claims she did nothing wrong.

Did she? I have no idea. I only heard this blurb on the radio around 11am this morning. Maybe there is more to this. Like I said, I don't have a dog in the hunt - in the fact that I will be voting for McCain simply because I don't want Obama as the pres.

But, if that is the overall facts of that issue - that's kinda crappy.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ShipWreck said:
I never heard of her before, so I will admit to not knowing anything about her. However, I have her 1 neg. Apparently, her sister was in a divorce, and her brother in law was a State Trooper. Apparently, the gov told the director of that dept to fire this brother in law. When that DIrector refused, the governor apparently fired the director.

Now, there is an investigation, and she claims she did nothing wrong.

Did she? I have no idea.
Well, if this is true then shame on her. It will be a black mark on her record. However, if this is the only skeleton in her closet, then she's doing better than Biden, O, or even McCain....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would like to say the more I learn about her the more I like. As far as the Police officer. He was caught drinking on duty, assulting his kids and wife. I hope he got fired and sent to jail... She has been totally open to investigaters even giving her phone records and anything else they wanted. Personally I like Sarah Palin more then I like McCain.- She is also an avid hunter... :-x

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I kinda like here....ownes guns and shoots them HEHE

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
All Sarah has to do now is field strip an AR rifle faster than that 11 or 12 year old girl!!!!!! and she'll have gun voters lined up waiting to vote for McCain.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
That would be sweet!!!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'm sorry everyone but i think Mccain has made a huge mistake. Alaska? The population of Alaska is 670,053. The only state in the US with a smaller population is Vermont (623,908). Who is he going to pick as his secretary of state, a fish canner from America Samoa? Maybe a Hula dancer from Guam as Chief of staff. At 72 I think he is showing some poor judgement.

As for the hole "she's a hunter" "she's a member of the NRA" Well so was Mit Romney. Now my Daughter has shot a deer once, but trust me, she is no hunter. Trying to sell this is one as the real deal hunter in a beauty queen bathing suit is pretty foolish if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Well, I hope she was chosen for her stance on issues more than the population of her State. I think sha was chosen for a variety of reasons. As stated before by others, being a women may help get hillary voters. And she offsets his age with her youth. I think she will turn out to be a good choice. It shows McCain isn't so stuck in the mud of the past as people think. Lets see what the polls shows over the next few weeks before we castrate McCain. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts