FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my SCAR 17s for about 6 months, and what could I say... this rifle is a beauty :th_143:. I have quick question though. What do you guys think about using MPRO7 copper removal on cleaning the bore of the rifle. I had about 500 rds since I got this beauty, and decided to clean gas piston. When I tried to scrub with brush with regular MPRO7 cleaner, it didn't do much. But when I used copper removal, the fouling dissolved magically. I was wondering if similar type of fouling (not as much though) could have built up inside the bore as well

comp.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: carfornier

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the club, new 16s owner myself. Lots of information and advice here.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 17! :?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had my SCAR 17s for about 6 months, and what could I say... this rifle is a beauty :th_143:. I have quick question though. What do you guys think about using MPRO7 copper removal on cleaning the bore of the rifle. I had about 500 rds since I got this beauty, and decided to clean gas piston. When I tried to scrub with brush with regular MPRO7 cleaner, it didn't do much. But when I used copper removal, the fouling dissolved magically. I was wondering if similar type of fouling (not as much though) could have built up inside the bore as well
I don't use/haven't used MPRO7, but you certainly can have some copper fouling at 500rds in the barrel. Being chrome lined, but not knowing the chemical composition of MPRO7 copper removal, I would say you should have no problems whatsoever using it in the bore. I've used some relatively strong (Slip2000) copper removal products in my SCAR 17 without issue, and certainly saw fouling removed that Hoppes had left behind, even with a jag.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts