FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a top rail and a couple of optics to try out on the SBR.

This is a JPoint RedDot sight, very similar to the Doc Optics, and looks similar to the Burris also. It has a 4MOA dot. (The pic of the dot makes it look bigger than it is. The camera picked up on some reflections that you do not see with your eye up close and looking through it.)

Thought you might like to see.

The dot really is not that big, :)

Onyx

·
Registered
98 Posts
How much was that little guy and how much was it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dot and Rail

The is the MagazineParts rail, and the Red Dot sight is from JPoint. It looks identical to the "Dr. Optics" red dot that they put on the ACOG for a co-witness sight, but like half the cost.

I got the JPoint from MidWayUSA online, and it was about $250. So far it has help up to some abuse quite well, including getting dropped off the rifle when I didn't torque the thumbscrew down enough. It actually is a very quick target acquisition when you have it mounted towards the back of the rail.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Onyx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MagazineParts rail

And is it just me, or is that gap under the rail just crying out for someone to design a housing for a laser to fit in there?
:)

Onyx

·
Registered
15 Posts
it would be really neat to mount the j-point instead of the rail, put it down in the slot the original sight was in. much lower profile

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spectre

I have a Spectre that I should be picking up any day now (went pending on the 14th) so I will have that to thread onto the front. Will post pics when it's all done. :D

Onyx

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: MagazineParts rail

OnyxSkyDV said:
And is it just me, or is that gap under the rail just crying out for someone to design a housing for a laser to fit in there?
:)
We've been considering it for some time now.

We do have plans for the ability to upgrade your current MagazineParts.com Tactical Optic Rail for the laser integrated unit if/when it becomes available. The savings will be about $50 from the price of the stand alone unit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts