FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maddow Blasts Law Requiring Aurora Shooting Victim's Parents To Pay Gun Manufacturers

First off, don't read the comments in that article if you want to keep your blood pressure down and have any faith in humanity.

Second, I apologize if this is a dupe thread, I was in the original one when the lawsuit started last year and didn't see a follow up on the result.

All I can say is I'm glad about this. No, not the shooting, of course. But the fact that a frivolous lawsuit and an attempt by Brady to appeal on feelings and emotions rather than laws, logic and statistics has failed spectacularly. Hopefully this'll prevent families in the future from filing these frivolous lawsuits that only like the pockets of lawyers.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I agree with the decision and like the law but The Brady Center may have been trying to gin up a response to get the law repealed.

I was surprised to see the number of comments supporting the decision and on the Huff Post no less. One I thought relevant was:

"1. It was a frivolous suit and they knew they would have to pay attorneys fees if they lost when they filed it.

2. The parents both work for the Brady Center, who bankrolled the suit and I'm sure is picking up the tab."

The reason there are so many lawsuits in the US is there is no liability for filing a frivolous lawsuit. Good to see CO has this penalty for Gun related lawsuits. There should be more of them. I believe in Canada and a number of the European countries there is liability. Bring a lawsuit and the losing party pays the winning party's costs. Insurance can be purchased to pay those costs and the cost of the insurance is an indicator of how good your case is... IMO would clear up a lot of crap in US courts.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
What comments do you expect from those insane leftists at the Huffington Post and that crack pot Rachel Maddow. I suggest you don't go to that website if you want to keep your sanity.

Having said that, great ruling.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
2. The parents both work for the Brady Center, who bankrolled the suit and I'm sure is picking up the tab."

I totally agree. Make the Brady Center Pay. Actually, fine the Brady Center an additional million for pushing the family to such a frivolous lawsuit.

The family should be allowed to turn around and file a civil suit against the Brady Center for pain and suffering for forcing them to relive the very painful experience of their loss.

Bankrupt the Brady Center. Just maybe, they will learn that they should not prey on the pain and suffering of relatives just for their sake of trying to demolish the 2A.
The Brady Center don't give a single $h1t about the people who died. They just want to strip away the 2A rights.
Otherwise, the Brady Center would have assisted the family by offering them to pay for counseling services, help pay for any expenses ( hospital bills that might have accrued), or even suing the criminal who committed the crime.

Suing the gun store or gun manufacturer is as stupid as suing Sears for selling a hammer to an incompetent carpenter who shoddily made a house that collapsed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts