FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paid 850 for it on Armslist for a suppressor host. The dude said it only had a couple hundred rounds thru it which I know is false but I'm curious on around how much. Either way I'm not worried since handguns go for 100k rounds. It's just more curiosity than anything.

I'm new to fnx so I need 45 tactical expert's to help me out here. I've uploaded pictures of the mag wear. Based on your ownership and the wear on your mags with your round count vs my mags. What would you estimate the round count as? I think it's round 4k-6k Air gun Machine gun Trigger Automotive tire Shotgun
Wood Finger Picture frame Nail Cylinder
Hand Finger Wood Nail Font
Wood Finger Thumb Auto part Nickel
Guitar accessory Wood Finger Musical instrument String instrument accessory

· Registered
87 Posts
I would tend to agree with Lester, there's another thread in which was discussed this very subject, the thread was titled "NEW"FNX Tactical 45 Not so new "I posted a few pictures with accurate descriptions and round counts( no magazine pics )those horizontal chatter marks are curious. I have a few FNX 45s, and over a dozen magazines, none of mine show that type of wear.

· Registered
347 Posts
I'm reasonably sure you could get a better round estimation from looking at external barrel wear since it has much less to do with how the user performed magazine changes. That said the frequency of lubrication could also big a big variable.

· Banned
71 Posts
I'm reasonably sure you could get a better round estimation from looking at external barrel wear since it has much less to do with how the user performed magazine changes. That said the frequency of lubrication could also big a big variable.
Unless you're doing some serious forensics, I doubt you could reliably estimate the number of rounds fired based on the current condition of the gun. If you fired something like 5k rounds through the gun, but meticulously cleaned it every 500 rounds, it might be in much better condition than a gun that has just 2k rounds though it and never been cleaned. Also depends on the ammo used.

Use your eyes. Is the gun clean? Does it look like it has been maintained well? Does the owner seem like a person who maintained their firearms carefully?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.