FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now it has the sightmark reflex sight with 1-5 magnifier(horrible mount). I've got a guy that wants me to buy a used but great condition aimpoint comp ML2 for $275. Would that be a good buy or should I hold out for something else? This is my first semi auto rifle so I'm new to all of this. Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
If the Aimpoint is in truly good condition, I'd say that's an okay price. What is the dot size? MOA2 or 4? Personally I like the 2. You could pick up a new PRO for around $400.00 if your looking for a good RDS.

Reactions: Kev and LESTER

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
If it is like new, you should pick it up. That's a killer deal on any aimpoint that's in great condition.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm with Akita, I prefer the 2 MOA dot Aimpoints. However, my oldest Aimpoint is an ML2 with the 4 MOA dot that I've had for a little over a decade now. It soldiers on with my 300 AAC Blackout AR-15 and still works as flawlessly as the day I bought it. Keep in mind that battery life is not as good on the M2 and ML2 as it is on the newer versions. You're looking at about 10,000 hours of continuous runtime versus about 50,000 hours on the M3 and ML3. Still, it's a quality optic with a reputation for ruggedness and reliability and would work great on your new SCAR 16S. If it's in your price range and in good shape I say go for it!

Oh, and congrats on the 16! We want pics, especially when you get your optic mounted up. :?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok guys I got it because it looked like new. I'm new to all of this where does it need to be mounted on the rail? The sightmark that I have is set up right in front of my rear sights and I can co-witness with that setup. Also how do I do pics on here. Im thinking about setting all my new toys on the hood of my 77 bronco and posting on here.

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
Ok guys I got it because it looked like new. I'm new to all of this where does it need to be mounted on the rail? The sightmark that I have is set up right in front of my rear sights and I can co-witness with that setup. Also how do I do pics on here. Im thinking about setting all my new toys on the hood of my 77 bronco and posting on here.
How to post pics.

As far as where to mount, it's really a preference thing. Stand alone, I like mine a little forward. But that's for my eyes. If you're using a magnifier, I'd put it just a few slots ahead of the magnifier, with the magnifier just over the folded rear sight. At least that's how I have mine set-up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You are going to love that gun and the aimpoint is a good buy. Probably only thing you can do better is take the photo on the hood of your desert tan 77 landcruiser!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I like my Aimpoints roughly over the ejection port. But feel free to move it to several spots of the rail and test to see which you like best. Many argue that farther forward on the rail is better because the body of the sight blocks less of your vision that way. While that may be true, I find the balance of the weapon is better with the sight more amidship.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have both an Aimpoint Comp M4 and an Eotech EXP 2. I prefer the Aimpoint over the Eotech anytime. Aimpoints' ruggedness and battery life just don't compare against Eotech's. As far as the Aimpoint Comp M4 goes, I would get the Aimpoint Pro over it. They have the exact same specs, the only differences are the battery life, 8yrs Aimpoint Comp M4 vs 3yrs Aimpoint Pro and the price tag, $800 Aimpoint Comp M4 vs $380 for Aimpoint Pro. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I have a Mepro 21 on my SCAR, and I love it. Very clear to my eyes.

I have the version with the triangle reticle... The bullseye reticle version is too large and covers too much of the target downrange. But, you sight in the triangle version with the top tip of the triangle.

I like how it's just grab and go... No electronics and no switches to mess with. No batteries.

The latest version also suffers much, much less from washout issues. I had been looking for a battery free option for years. Past Mepro 21 models and the trijicon RX30 sucked IMHO. The new Revision M Mepro is fantastic.

Edit - apparently links to outside sights are not allowed. So, PM me and I can give you a URL to a mini review I did with photos.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Acog

congrats on your new SCAR. Don't skimp on optics!
-----------------------------------------------

There is an ACOG in FDE made specifically for the SCAR, Can't think of the name. It is 4x, has a red dot on top, also irons on the side. Great mounting system.
Great sight but a lifetime investment. You will never improve on it !

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts