FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I admit it. My first pistol was a Hi-Point C9 9mm. It was not that bad but it had an ejection problem. I called Hi-Point and they said they were willing to fix it for free; however, it was going to cost $35 in shipping to get a $110 gun repaired. I took it down to a gunsmith/pawn shop and they were happy to give me $80 for it.

I went to my local gun dealer and began looking for a .40 caliber. I was wanting something that my wife could shoot without problems. I checked out the S&W M&P, S&W Sigma, Springfield Armory XD, and the FNP-40. After a long look I decided on the FNP-40. :shock: I liked the way it felt and especially the decocking mechanism. Plus, three mags never hurt anything.

I went and shot my new pistol and it performed above and beyond my expectations. I was happy with the consistency and accuracy. Evenmore, I was happy to see how easy it was to break down and clean after shooting.

I am definitely going to buy more FN's in the future. I hope they come out with a .357!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Someone claimed recently that an FN rep told them there would be a .357 Sig version of the FNP - so, maybe...

And, I know you'll like the FNP MUCH more than that Hi Point!

Welcome aboard to the site!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. I bought an FNP-40 a couple of months ago and have been very pleased. I've owned a Glock 23 for several years, but after shooting the FNP, I have no desire to shoot the Glock anymore. The FNP is softer shooting, more accurate and more comfortable. It gives every indication of being as reliable as the Glock and I like the exposed hammer with the decock feature. I find the DA trigger pull to be smooth enough and short enough that I don't lose any accuracy with the first DA shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts