FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just bought a FS2000 today for $1995, it was used but unfired after checking it, not a ding or scratch on it. But I would like to know whats good for it, and is there any websites that would have accessories for it......I looked in the Mods section and the Accessories section not unless if i skipped it (sorry)....But this gun is nice...and I am glad I got it, can't wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lot of guys have put tactical lights into the fore grip. (It has molded rings to retain one, and you can enlarge the drain holes to route the pressure switch/pad to control the light.)

There is a company that was making a tri rail front replacement grip that was designed to take a streamlight laser/light combo.

Some have used it for a tango down type front grip, or other post type grips and lights.

FNH has teased us with a few versions of a rail front grip, but I have yet to see them actually sell one. (The ones I've seen are either custom made, or from the one supplier of the "tri rail" deal. (And that company was sold, and broke up or something.)

Anyway, my first mod was to pull the front iron sight off, and put a big scope and high mounts on there. Looks weird, but it's a dang nice long barrel rifle with short ergonomics in my view.

Plenty accurate, but the trigger can be interesting if you are thinking this is a target rifle.. It's not a light trigger by far. But I don't mind it at all.

Have fun, and I've found this rifle will run any ammo you feed it. You might have to select the more agressive gas port setting, but it will run anything I've thrown at it so far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Info :) would you knwo where I can get the Fore grips, I tried Monolith and have sent them a email but I know they have been on back order or are not making them.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Monolith Arms was sold(?) perhaps to Magpul. No clue where to get that tri-rail or any additional rails on the fore grip. THe toys will come, for now, just earning to shoot the thing so my $$$ is going towards ammo for now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found that for the gun to digest mil surp ammo 100% I had to remove the firing pin retaining spring.

I was having about 30% failure to fire with the Burmese .223 stuff I was shooting, and that took care of the problem. If you have failures to fire with mil surp this will fix the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts