FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been delayed from getting my Comp M-4 mount into production and trying some 1913 rail alternatives while I am waiting (some of which I shared in an earlier post).

This was not is not a serious configuration (as far as the accessories) but seemed fun enough to share for some potential amusement factor. - TB

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
THat is interesting.

There is some pics of a bipod mounted on a P90 floating around the net, and people always rip on it. But, when I am at the range and shooting at 50 yards are further with mine, I always have it on sandbags. This would be fun to try out at least once and see how it works :)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Not sure about putting a tripod on mine, but since I have a MPF top rail that I can put on mine I may get a scope to go with it and do some 100 yard practice with it. That sounds like fun.

Then I could put my EOTech on it for close shooting and switch to the rail and scope for 100+ yard shooting.

Hmmm... I need to pick out a scope.

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
See, once I get my optic zeroed in, I don't wanna move mine. I thought about moving my Eotech from the very front of my optic rail to the rear - but I don't wanna have to make adjustments again at the range.

As it is, I have to vary the windage a tiny bit at 50 yards, depending on a still or windy day. I can live with that. But I don't wanna have to do major adjustments again.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
And that's a good reason to have more than one rifle. :D

You're getting veerryy sleeepy "You need an AR... you need an AR... "

TA

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a MPF replacement top and a Burris Compact 4-12x42 perched on a ARMS quick release mount. To make a long story short, it was a bad fit and required too much holdover for an accurate shot.

In short, I hated it.

I am having my machinist mill down the sight mount to the lowest possible height, and them I'm installing a m1913 for my Millett Redot scope.

And yes, you should already have the EBR infection, so I'm sure you're contemplating another purchase.

·
Registered
636 Posts
What kind of groups can you get @ 100yds with that set up ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts