FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

just got my form 1 approved for a SBR lower. I e-filed it via my local ffl and was surprised to see the stamp sitting in my inbox just 3 months later. I wanted to ask the e-filers how they keep their stamped document. Is printing it out fine? I know when you paper file it you get back a actual stamp. However all there is on my electronic form 1 is a picture of a $200 tax stamp and a signature at the bottom of the page. I know the document is valid, but it just looks really cheesy/fake when I print it black and white. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I printed out a color copy and double sided it to be brought alongside the SBR at all times. Congrats as well

·
Registered
421 Posts
Congrats.

Fwiw. I keep a printed copy in my document safe with the original trust doc, a printed copy in the case I use to transport the weapon and a copy of the PDF on the cloud file service I use to be accessed via phone or pad/slate device if necessary.

Reactions: huffmaj3

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
You need to have a copy with you where ever you go with it. Don't worry how it looks, print a color copy.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Oh, and if you are going to leave your state, you must notify the ATF with your intent to export it.

Forget the form number...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all who chimed in. I will go ahead and make a few copies on quality paper. I doubt I will be moving out of state anytime soon, however, I am planning on buying a new home. Would I need to report a change of address to the ATF? I will probably be leaving the county (Pasco to Hillsborough).

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Oh, and if you are going to leave your state, you must notify the ATF with your intent to export it.

Forget the form number...

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts