1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked mine up from local FFL dealer Friday 6 Feb. First impressions:
1) What a horse of a .30 cal !
2) Damn, this HB is front heavy.
3) The shipping case is ONLY a shipping case. If you put any scope bigger than a drinking straw on it, the gun won't fit back in the case. Dang, what were they thinking? Now I gotta figure out a place to store this case and buy a new one.
4) The weekend is taken up by honey-do projects. I don't even have time to field strip it and clean the bore/receiver. Can't wait to get into it....

Bill

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Bill_Rights said:
Just picked mine up from local FFL dealer Friday 6 Feb. First impressions:
1) What a horse of a .30 cal !
2) Damn, this HB is front heavy.
3) The shipping case is ONLY a shipping case. If you put any scope bigger than a drinking straw on it, the gun won't fit back in the case. Dang, what were they thinking? Now I gotta figure out a place to store this case and buy a new one.
4) The weekend is taken up by honey-do projects. I don't even have time to field strip it and clean the bore/receiver. Can't wait to get into it....

Bill
[Ick orders drinking straw size scope]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats
Been there done that about the case and wondered what were they thinking.

You think it is heavy now, wait till you add a scope and bipod. At least it will not be as front heavy, it will be heavier :-D

Don't be suprised if you can not get the allen screws off (lock tite) to dissasemble your FNAR. You will figure out what I am talking about when you try it (again what were they thinking).

But you are now the proud owner of a very serious tack driver. I love mine.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lock-tited Allen screw?

Megawatt,

Yeh, I thought I saw something about this screw on another thread (get it?) on this forum. They used WD-40 to loosen the Locktite. I still don't have a clear idea which Allen screw this is, where it is and what it holds together? Could you elucidate (so I don't hallucinate)?

I do remember reading in the user manual about using a 2.5mm Allen wrench to get one screw off, then on re-assembly they seem to say to use a 3 mm Allen wrench to put the same screw back on. (See what I mean by hallucinate?).

Bill

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Get your neighbor to loosen it. If he strips the screw or otherwise damages it..... sue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts