FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone new member from florida here, yesterday I purchased my first pistol from FN and I must say im very impressed.. I bought an FNS 9 that came with the factory night sites I paid 670.00 otd ( I don't know what the average price is) I bought m cleaning kit with me to the range, I gave it a good cleaning and fired 130 rounds through it flawlessly. 25 rounds of my defense load and the rest were federal 115 gr fmj. a little back round on me, I have been into firearms for the last 20 years. I have owned revolvers, semi autos, da/sa a little bit of everything. I will say I am an avid Glock fan I have every 9mm they make (9mm is my preferred round) I just love how they feel In my hands and the reliability, I do prefer the gen 3 over the gen4.. well lately I have been looking at getting another gun and the 2 that caught my eye were the CZ PO7 and the FNS. I LIKE DA/SA but prefer striker fired, and the build quality of the FNS is far superior than the CZ. I believe I made the right choice, it will not be a carry gun for me but will be my home defense gun. my preferred round for my 9mm is hornady critical duty 135gr. does anyone else use this in their fns? also does anyone know of tactical light that will fit the fns flush? I use my tlr 3 but it comes out almost 1/2 inch past barrel. well I look forward to learning a lot here and giving some advise when I can...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the FNS-9. One of my winter CC SD ammo in 9x19mm is Hornady Critical Duty 135 gr +P as this ammunition is perfect for the heavy clothing (winter coats, layers of clothing) for Wisconsin.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome, glad you joined us, and good choice with the FNS. I am also looking for a light so will be interested in seeing what others recommend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the rounds I fired yesterday had the tlr 3 on the pistol I had 0 malfunctions, but the lens was filthy I am looking for one a bit shorter if not I will keep the tlr 3 on it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Ive had an FNS9 for a couple of months now (3rd FN for me) and I love it. about 400-500 rounds through (Federal, Winchester, Reloads, Hornady) it with ZERO trouble. If you havent already read the tutorial about smoothing up the trigger and dry fire the hell out of it. It smooths out VERy nice.

Also I use Hornady Critical Duty 135Gr as my Carry round and have had no issues for 50 rounds. My FNS likes 124gr and 135Gr best and shoots to POA.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys. New here too. Purchased my first FN on Saturday. Picked up thw FNS 9 Longslide. Hadn't been able to run any ammo through it yet. I do have some 147gr reloads that I'm ready to run through (hopefully real soon). Itching to shoot it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
if you're looking for a nice light that's fairly low profile, the inforce apl is a nice piece. my wife and i both run them on our fns's

i don't know why sitting flush is even a concern. it doesn't hurt anything. i'd be worried about it reflecting off the slide if it did sit flush and washing out the sight profile. you want all the light headed forward. being flush is just an aesthetics thing.

if you want the brightest light for a pistol... it's hard to beat the X300

1 - 16 of 16 Posts