FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed these today..Talon grips rubberized texture...went on real easy..no cutting required...after sticking them on just hit real quick with hair dryer or heat gun and they mold and stick real nice...I can honestly say it has vastly improved my grip on this gun...doesn't hang up in your clothing or holster either..I even liked how they had cut outs for the FNH logo...I highly recommend them to anyone looking for another grip enhancement option...well worth the $14 bucks..

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Like bpletch1 asked, which texture is that, rubber or granulated? They look good and a good idea for both my FNX-45t and FNX-40. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I don't have any pics on the granulated grip but from what some range buddies have told me the granulated is more like "chunky" grip skateboard tape...they recommend the rubber for CCW(doesnt grab clothing or holsters)and mild range use while the granulated is good for competition shooting...Im very happy with the rubberized...plenty of stick for me...hope that helps!

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Thanks, I just checked Talon's website and they have photos for both. I might have to try out each and see which I prefer. Thanks again. :?

Sorry I don't have any pics on the granulated grip but from what some range buddies have told me the granulated is more like "chunky" grip skateboard tape...they recommend the rubber for CCW(doesnt grab clothing or holsters)and mild range use while the granulated is good for competition shooting...Im very happy with the rubberized...plenty of stick for me...hope that helps!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where'd you find them for $14?
Whoops...sorry everyone...they were actually $16.99 each....they were buy two get a buck off each and free shipping...I was doing bills when making the original post and and had too many numbers running around in my head..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought the granulated for my XDs45 and hated the feel, it was way too rough. It would be especially bad if it is an EDC and touches/rubs on skin.

Sent that back and got the rubber and love it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm about to order but would like to know if these are made out of sorbothane? It kind of looks like the textured sorbothane pad on my rifle which are very sticky initially but with use loses some of its stickiness. This is perfect for a cheek rest but is not a trait I want in a grip. Do these lose some of their grip/stickiness with use?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Still no idea if this is made out of sorbothane so I ordered it anyway. I guess I can just take it off if it loses its stickiness.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I have them, they are nice and inexpensive. It is true what somebody said about the sand paper type. I like the aggressive texture but it was hanging up on clothing for CCW, I switched to the rubber deals. I don't use them on everything but certain frames need a little extra something.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts