FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy over here I guess i'll show my first FN gun ever. Maybe i'll get some insight here, gun shoots low with normal sight picture (top of blade lined up with the top of the back, With POA at center of target). I tried shooting with POA above where i wanted the POI but still low. It's probably user error but any feed back would be nice. Since the newbie still has questions here how's the trigger on your FNX handgun? My trigger is real spongy even after 300 rounds and another 150~200 dryfire shots. I really like the gun even though i have my complaints, If i didn't like the gun i wouldn't have placed an order for a cerakoted RMR.
IMG_1399_zps11109e92.jpg

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry too much about the POI thing since you have an RMR coming. Sight it in and blast away.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Well then, since there is no adjustment for elevation, you will just have to learn the POA for your particular pistol.

·
Registered
373 Posts
gun shoots low with normal sight picture (top of blade lined up with the top of the back, With POA at center of target). I tried shooting with POA above where i wanted the POI but still low. It's probably user error but any feed back would be nice. View attachment 27597
Grip,Grip,Grip.. This pistol has a different feel when you have the correct grip on it. Just practice grip. And if you are shooting low it may be you anticipating the recoil?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grip,Grip,Grip.. This pistol has a different feel when you have the correct grip on it. Just practice grip. And if you are shooting low it may be you anticipating the recoil?
I doubt im anticipating the recoil, I've had 2 other people shoot it and it just seems to be the gun. I'll try gripping it differently to see if it changes.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
My recommendation: shoot it off of a rest to see if it's the gun or you.

The trigger on mine is pretty good. It's no 1911 trigger, but it's better than the HK's I've tried, but not quite as good as some of the SIG 22x series guns I've tried. I think it would be better if they had used a metal trigger (would get rid of the flex at least).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

I would get it sighted in, so that you can figure out if it's you or the gun. You're probably going to want to do that anyway before you attach the RMR. That way you can just sight in your RMR to your irons and be good to go.

Mine seemed to be dead-on right out of the box. I haven't shot it prone or resting on anything, and my shots tend to be only slightly to the left, but I tend to think it's me rather than the gun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to be shooting the 45T off a rest this weekend and see if its me or the gun. I hope it's just me but if it isn't i hope FN can help me out. I don't know much about their customer service but hopefully it will be good (if it comes to that).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts