FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 33-year-old Colorado Springs man was shot several times after two men wearing black ski masks forced their way into his home and demanded money this evening, police said.

William Rucker III was rushed to Memorial Hospital in critical condition after the shooting at Carmel Drive and Monterey Road in Colorado Springs.

Police said two black men forced their way into Rucker's home just before 7 p.m. During a fight, Rucker was shot several times.

The two men left in a red SUV.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_10098327?source=rss

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
trust me i do people think its weird to carry in your house but i look at it this way its better to have it and not need it then two need it and not have it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always have a pistol on me when I am in my home. I actually started this a few weeks ago after I read a thread on this board about someone walking in someones apartment right after they got home. I can't remember who it was but that is just scary.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes - I do now too - even though my wife gives me grief about it. I too have read too many stories and decided to start doing it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Easiest way to avoid this type of situation, buy a dog. Criminals don't like dogs or the noise that dogs make. Works every time.

Zhur

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Easiest way to avoid this type of situation, buy a dog. Criminals don't like dogs or the noise that dogs make. Works every time.
Not always, haven't you ever watched the TV show "It takes a thief". Those guys get past the dogs all the time. It always baffles the victims that their dog didn't do anything or was friendly.

·
Registered
630 Posts
my dog may be freindly most times but his does not like people sneaking up on his dad. I sometimes think if he had a gun a lot of people would have died already.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ok.. I forgot to cover all the bases... get some motion lights, tripwire activated noise makers, bamboo sticks in a pit near the door, paint can tied to a string at the top of the stairs, home alarm, marbles on the floor every night by the door, lets see what else?

Ohh!! Sharks with fricking laser beams attached to their heads!!! :-D

It's the simple things. If you are really concerned that you are a target for a sophisticated thief, then you probably have the means to pay for a more sophisticated security system. If you are talking about Joe Shmo the idiot who can't hold down a job, then the dog will work fine, along with some simple things like trimming your hedges for good visibility from the road, keeping your doors locked, oh and motion lights, those really are great! I think sometimes people get too caught up in what they see on the news, like it's immediately going to happen to them. Now, do I carry my gun at home, yes, but not because I'm worried about someone breaking in, but because carrying a gun needs to be an "every waking moment" type of commitment, because it falls under the addage, "you never know when you are going to need it".

Zhur

ps sarcasm included for fun, not to piss anyone off.

**edited for speeling** (hehe)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I actually had some1 trying to steal my car night bf last until they heard the RACK RACK of my shotty loaded with 00 buck! They about $hit themselves!

·
Registered
630 Posts
with the econmy the way it is now people are stealing everything that is not nailed down. if you look like you something of value you are now a target

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok.. I forgot to cover all the bases... get some motion lights, tripwire activated noise makers, bamboo sticks in a pit near the door, paint can tied to a string at the top of the stairs, home alarm, marbles on the floor every night by the door, lets see what else?

Ohh!! Sharks with fricking laxwer beams attached to their heads!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now that's funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
B52U said:
Not always, haven't you ever watched the TV show "It takes a thief". Those guys get past the dogs all the time. It always baffles the victims that their dog didn't do anything or was friendly.
Having snakes will resolve this issue, trust me. My 24ft snake scares every one off! There was an attmepted break in this spring at my house and they were able to knock my garage off its hinges and was able to get through the basement door. Funny thing was it didn't set off my ADT alarm but they were able to peek through and see my 24ft and 18ft snakes perching about 7 feet in the air and they ran off lol. My surveillance cameras made it able for the cops to identify who they were and no they are locked up :) I always carry in my house as well but in my room I also have the loaded mossberg 590 with 00 buck and on the night stand is the FiveseveN and H&K 45 USP with 230 grn +p. :twisted:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Topper said:

Ohh!! Sharks with fricking laxwer beams attached to their heads!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now that's funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HAHAHA that is funny. What about a monkey with a black belt LOL :lol:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I had a Male Boxer that weighted about 85lbs when I was stationed in Spain, He took a chunk out of a gypsy that jumped my fence and tried to steal the wifes 10 speed bike.

Dogs are great deterents if you ask me.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I think it really depends on how desperate the person is....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts