FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an MSAR STG-556 off gunbroker, paid $1508 shipped. It's the model with a muzzle brake(instead of the flashhider), 16: bbl, and a 9" tac rail , but I live in mass so thats all we can get here. Other than that, is identical to the non-restricted STG's, AUG platform, quick change barrel, bolt hold open, fwd assist, etc. Kinda funny, because both of my FN's(Fs2k and PS90) have flashhiders, but they have less of the "evil" features than the stg, so whatever.

Anyway,wondering if anybody here has one, and if you've got any comments.

Gregg

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Congrats! PICs are a must!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will definately post pics when it gets here. Fact, I might post pics of my STG with some of my other favorite things that fit in a violin case :wink:

Gregg

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Do you have a Class A or B liscense? Why can't every state have firearm laws like Texas? Mass. has up to a 40-day waiting period!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! Are they serious!!!!!! A Firearms Identification card????(FID) I wonder how many criminals have these???? How difficult is it to obtain a class A liscense if your not a LEO? TX doesn't have that BS Mass. does.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Im glad i dont have to put up with that bs either....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Furyataurus said:
Do you have a Class A or B liscense? Why can't every state have firearm laws like Texas? Mass. has up to a 40-day waiting period!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! Are they serious!!!!!! A Firearms Identification card????(FID) I wonder how many criminals have these???? How difficult is it to obtain a class A liscense if your not a LEO? TX doesn't have that BS Mass. does.
Fury,

I have both a Class A LTC(license to carry) and an 03/FFL/C&R. Don't know where you got a "40 day waiting period" from, but here, there is no wait. When you apply for the class A(for concealed carry) or B(hunting and target), they consider that your wait, simply walk in, fill out the paper work, the NICS check gets done, and you walk out of the store with your new gun. If the item I'm buying is C&R elgible, then there is no NICS check, I simply hand over a signed copy of my FFL, and walk away with my new aquisition. Back in the day, the FID(Firearms Identifitcation Card) was for folks between the ages of 15 and 21, and entitled the buyer to long guns and shotguns. It was also issued as "indefinate" until the 98 crime bill, which broke up the different license classifications. Now the FID has an expiration, and is primarily for carrying pepper spray. There is also a permit for owning machineguns, however, you do not need one to own short barrel rifles.

I applied for my class A as soon as I turned 21, and got it with no restrictions and no BS. At that time I was neither in the military, nor a LEO, though at my current civillian job it is a requirement to have one. It's at the cleo's discretion to issue the license(unfortunately) and there are some towns up here with some meatheads in charge, but I lucked out in that the cleo in my town is pretty reasonable.

Gregg

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Hey there! Good to see you back around. Nope, don't have one of those yet, but I look forward to your review and pics. Hmmmm... what else might you have that fits in a fiddle case...? :D

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i dont think i have seen pics of one yet :oops:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
American Riflemans STG556 Article

Did I mention that it was going to be a long 2 weeks waiting for my STG? Well, after sifting through countless threads on the web, found American Rifleman's review on the STG. Check it out:

http://nrapublications.org/TAR/MSAR.asp

Gregg

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Let us know what the trigger pull is like. I read the article and others from different magazines and they all said the trigger was too heavy. MSAR did say the test rifle was a preproduction version and they were fixing/upgrading it before being available to the public and also the standard sight would be better as well.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
A range report is always a must!

·
Registered
980 Posts
the trigger on mine is better than the ps90 and FS2000. You know, these kind of bull pups with the removable hammer groups must have a long trigger pull or they would go off accidentally: Since there is no direct (attached) link between the safety and the the hammer group they compensate by making it so the sear has to by pushed extra far before releasing the hammer.

I think MSAR is making a target version with a better trigger and a not so removable hammer group- where I imagine the trigger push rods are actually affixed to the sear carriage .

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Wow, me likey!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I love my STG-556.
It works so well, I ended up getting rid of all of my AR15's but one ultralight 5.5lb KISS rifle 'Just in Case'. :-D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's here it's here!!

Picked up our new addition on thursday. Will post pics, first impressions and a range report in a day or so, stay tuned.

Gregg

·
Registered
475 Posts
i can't wait to see some pics i saw one of these in person at my gun shop, i thought it was a real AUG at first, wouldn't mine having one but i have so many other guns i want first. anyway let us know how you like it!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Im looking forward to it....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts