FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the letter late Fri. so today I got to pick up my ccw permit then swing by my old mans house and pick up my five seven. :D :D :D
I finally can carry, but ill deff be looking for something smaller when it warms up. By law in NY you cannot have your weapon visible in public, and its a very fine line w/ lots of leeway for both judges and leo's on what is "concealed".

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great to hear, good for you!

Some info... I lived in NY (Niagara Falls) about 8 years ago and plan on going back. Back then I was thinking about getting my CWL and it took almost knowing God, Many References, 6 mouths and so on... Care to give any info to what needs to be done now, time frame and so on (Yes I know a lot has to do per county), just wondering how it all worked out for you.

Having my CWL here in Florida and going back to NY and not having one is going to make feel rather, well, naked and unprotected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, about the same as when you left. 4 notarized references, interviews, fingerprinting, background, safety class, knowing God. Mine took about 6 months begginning to end. Good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
guinness said:
Yeah, about the same as when you left. 4 notarized references, interviews, fingerprinting, background, safety class, knowing God. Mine took about 6 months begginning to end. Good luck.
Thanks for the info... I guess I have to hope my references are still alive and in the professional positions (or better) they were in when I left. At least it didn't get worse, yet :roll: .

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts