FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put money down on a fs2000 that has been at a local gun dealer for quite some time - got a pretty good deal - and i really like to support my local business as they support me.

opened up the viewing cover to make sure no round in chamber... a fairly dirty, white plastic, piece is starring me in the face. it also appears well worn. the box appears new. and all the paper work is there.

is this the hammer?(serched and saw the thread on the "plastic" fs2000 and the picture of the trigger assembly with 15,000 rounds through it - this new one honestly looks more worn - that is if i am looking at the same part)

the shop says that "they have never fired the gun" - it is a reputable shop.

could this be from numerous "racking" or "charging " the slide

it really looks used - just on this part.........

any thoughts?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: just put money down on FS2000 , tactical,black...? newne

The white thing that is curved is actually how the gun 'ejects' (if you can call it that, I use the term 'removes' when it comes to fs2000) the spent casing.

As for looking worn? It shouldn't look worn, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some black powder-like substance, a result of the test firing done at the factory (usually between 1-10 shots, however don't quote me on that - because they may not test fire guns at all at the factory anymore) and the lube they put on.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah - i think it is the ejector - saw some nice pictures of part on the ar15 sight......

regarding pics - i haven't picked the gun up yet.....prob on 10/27

there was power residue on the part, but it also looked nicked up...i believe that they HAVE to test fire at factory now.

can anyone post a quick pic of the view when the cover is flipped up and the slide is locked open?

thanks. :?

·
Registered
143 Posts
What your looking at is the ejector guide for the brass. (Not the technical name I'm sure, but it helps to guide the empty brass to the tube that then dumps the brass out the front, just to the side of the gas piston, on the right side of the gun.

It is the white part in this photo.. Sort of loose from the bolt, but held in place by a sliding plastic tube that is held in place by the recoil spring on the gas rod/charging rod..

Mine NIB was covered with oil, and some residue from a few test shots. (And there was brass/copper residue on the locking/feed lugs at the breach, so this rifle has been test fired.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts