FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just shot my new FiveseveN on Saturday. It is a USG. It is fun to shoot.

I was actually surprised at the amount of recoil. It wasn't excessive but I had read many accounts about the FiveseveN having nearly no recoil. It just surprised me. It felt similar to the recoil of a 9mm P99, maybe slightly less. This may have something to do with the FiveseveN being so incredibly light for its size.

I shot it outdoors at some bottles and cans. It is fun to shoot but that small diameter bullet tends to go right through the bottles rather than making them fly through the air.

I like how the magazines load like an AR, i.e. the round slides between the feed lips rather than having to be slid underneath them. Plus you can't go wrong with having 20 rounds ready to go.

It is a fun gun all around and I'm glad that I purchased it. To those of you sitting on the fence about getting one, go for it! :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sweet huh I could not believe how far it ejected the brass :!: I lost a four in the grass the first time I shot mine :roll:
I am hooked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yup thats one problem I have with the 5-7 I loose most of my brass... some people talked about modifying the ejector to make it kick brass closer and to the right... but FN made it this way so it won't hit a lefty shooter's face.
But the 5-7 is one of my favorite pistols.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hodrige said:
... but FN made it this way so it won't hit a lefty shooter's face.
Certainly hasn't been a problem for me (southpaw, here.) I whapped my buddy's target the other day. He was in the lane to my right. My shells were hitting his target at 7 yards or so. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts