FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty excited. One of the local jeep guys put this up for sale and it never went. He dropped his price to 300 and I snagged it. 300 rounds through it came with a bunch of extras and ammo.

It's bitone with night sights. I have a fnp9 that my wife shoots so the mags should interchange right?

Anything I should do to this? My fnp9, fnx40, and fnx45 are all stock.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I would say go clean it, then shoot the HELL out of it.

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
Congrats! I don't believe the mags interchange, they don't between the FNX-9 and FNS-9 ( they do on the 40s though).

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
OK so fnp and fns mags are different.
Very much so. 2 different methods of mag retention (notches on the FNP and tab on the FNS).

Congrats! that's a fantastic price!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
man, makes me wish i had an FNX9 instead of the .40 lol.

thanks guys.

i'm going off faith that the trigger is decent. it certainly feels odd when you dry fire it...i've always been a DA/SA guy so the striker fire thing is odd to me.

my other SF guns are my kahr cm9 and p45 and i had a 4th gen glock 17 that i hated.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd say the price was ok. I just bought mine brand new for $429 and they had plenty there at that price. With 300 rounds fired, that price is about right. Enjoy.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think you got a pretty good deal. I don't plan on selling my FNX, so I'm not too worried about used prices but I don't think you have any downside and if you end up not enjoying the striker fired set up enough, I think you will be in ok position if you choose to trade.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The trigger can be a little funny at first if you aren't used to it, but like wine, it gets better with age (and rounds down-range.) If you're feeling a little grit, just lube it up well and dry-fire while watching tv. Assuming you have an UpLula or other mag loader and aren't busting your thumbs (the FNS mags can be a little punishing when new) after a couple trips to the range, it'll smooth out and you'll love it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts