FN Herstal Firearms banner

Just to be clear on PMAG/EMAG

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Lowrie75th 
#1 ·
I have been browsing through old threads on this topic and I wanted to confirm this. Even if the wipes are removed, there is no way to use the PMAG/EMAG reliably without modifying them (and maybe still may not be reliable). Any others that work with wipe removed? It seems like some have had success with some, but it was never confirmed on here when asked if they worked (kind of important). Thanks in advance.

Reese

#10 ·
Metal STANAG mags are your best bet. Not sure any plastic mags work without modding them.

#11 ·
I bought C Product Defense mags. They are very well built and work flawlessly. I did remove the mag wipes with a hand punch. Easy, easy, easy. Now, when I push the release button, the C mags just drop out and fall to the ground. Perfect. I purchased the steel case version and it came with an orange follower. Nice... You WILL be happy!

#12 ·
It's your gun, your choice of course... but what did you really gain by removing the mag wipes? They help keep dirt and debri out of the action and assist in keeping the mag properly aligned to reliably feed ammo to the chamber. You won't save time on uber-tactical reloads with the FS just because the mag drops free as you'll still need to support the rifle with one hand while you release the mag with your other hand before inserting the new mag (unlike the AR platform for example where you can release the mag with your support hand while grabbing a fresh mag with your other hand).

To the OP, DH and C mags have both worked great for my fs2k. Any decent stanag mag should do the trick just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.