FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a new 17s in FDE about a month ago. Put a Leupold Illuminated M4 2.5-8x36 in a Larue mount on it and a Larue bipod I had laying around.
Picked up some mags and took it to the range yesterday.
Did a quick 25 yard sight in and then 100 yards. This thing can shoot.
Got a 1.5-2" group with cheap ammo at 100 yards and it was no problem to hit the steel targets out to 400 yards.

Think I am going to order a Geissele trigger to it, but other than that I am PLEASED:)

This is a great forum and I appreciate all the great info here.
Thannks
Tom

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats on your more accurate FDE 17. More ammo and a Geisselle Trigger are the best things you can do for a SCAR.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, need to clarify, the cheap ammo was some DAG and Hirtenberger I bought some years ago, should have bought more:) this is very accurate ammo in most of my rifles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Perhaps you might want t read through all the posts on the different triggers available for the SCAR platform before settling on one so quickly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do
Thank you

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Congrats on the exclusive FDE. Wish I was that lucky.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two years ago I did not own a FN firearm, very pleased to have picked this up.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Or you could save yourself a lot of time and just order the Geisselle anyway, because that is the conclusion you would reach after reading all the threads anyway.
^^ This again.

Also a +1 for the DAG ammo. It shot as well out to 600 meters as any ammo except the handloaded match ammo. I still have a couple thousand rounds of it, and I wish I had 10,000 rounds....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just put the Geissele in and what a difference.
Great trigger, breaks right at 3#.
Santa was good to me:)

Thom B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I finally put a Leupold tactical 3.5x10 on mine. It shot 5 rounds under an inch at 100 yards. If I eliminated the flier, it was under half inch center to center. I can't wait to shoot it at longer ranges.

Kudu40

Picked up a new 17s in FDE about a month ago. Put a Leupold Illuminated M4 2.5-8x36 in a Larue mount on it and a Larue bipod I had laying around.
Picked up some mags and took it to the range yesterday.
Did a quick 25 yard sight in and then 100 yards. This thing can shoot.
Got a 1.5-2" group with cheap ammo at 100 yards and it was no problem to hit the steel targets out to 400 yards.

Think I am going to order a Geissele trigger to it, but other than that I am PLEASED:)

This is a great forum and I appreciate all the great info here.
Thannks
Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts