FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the period of a couple of months i've been stockpiling up on smk and match. Today was the day that (finally) I got to go out and compare the bullets that I bought. The weather was perfect. It was sunny 66 F, with a small amount of wind coming from the south, 26% Humidity. shot at 50yrds. I also shot 5 rounds of each bullet.

20140213_153328.jpg

top right - Norma match smk 168gr
bottom right -federal gold medal smk 168gr
bottom left - federal Xm118LR 175 gr
middle - PPU match 168gr

Should of been studying instead...Lol. o well!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Looks like it really favors the FGMM 168's

·
Registered
510 Posts
50 yards match ammo...

thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
505 Posts
How is your rifle set up?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is your rifle set up?
I have a M-308 as my sights and Geissele trigger. Nothing to fancy.:smile:

It had been a while since I had been out to the range. I thought the 50 yrd range would be a good starting position. I'll be going to the 100-300 yrd in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
I have a M-308 as my sights and Geissele trigger. Nothing to fancy.:smile:

It had been a while since I had been out to the range. I thought the 50 yrd range would be a good starting position. I'll be going to the 100-300 yrd in the next couple of weeks.
Let me know when you go! :shock: This is the perfect time of the year to get out as much as you can to shoot.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Let me know when you go! :shock: This is the perfect time of the year to get out as much as you can to shoot.
Obviously you don't live in MT. I don't even think the road to our range has been plowed out since the last big snowstorm yet. I was heading to the little range closer in but there was a pickup stuck in a drift halfway down the driveway. *sigh*

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Obviously you don't live in MT. I don't even think the road to our range has been plowed out since the last big snowstorm yet. I was heading to the little range closer in but there was a pickup stuck in a drift halfway down the driveway. *sigh*
Its sunny and 86 here today :-D

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
In fact, I was sweating while eating a pulled pork sandwich outside by the food trucks during lunch. Good thing I had a big red to cool me down. :lol:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Its sunny and 86 here today :-D
Meh, then I'm glad I'm here. Thats just too damn hot for winter. The lack of seasonality would do me in. We watched our hometown college football team here on a day that was -5 F at kickoff. Close to 20,000 were there. And not a single big red to be had!

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
813 Posts
Great results , BigBen.
Maybe you should have, been hitting the books;this way, you exersized your mind & body.
This is the lesson that you will remember, easier.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts