FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MTVhNWJmM2E5ZTQ3ZDY4M2NiMzQwOGY1Y2EyMmUxZjg=

Where are all of the Hollywood celebrities holding telethons asking for help in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the floods?

Where is all the media asking the tough questions about why the federal government hasn't solved the problem? Asking where the FEMA trucks and trailers are?

Why isn't the Federal Government relocating Iowa people to free hotels in Chicago?

When will Spike Lee say that the Federal Government blew up the levees that failed in Des Moines?

Where are Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks?

Where are all the looters?

Where is the hysterical 24/7 media coverage complete with reports of cannibalism and shooting at helicopters? (which never happened in N.O.
either, BTW)

Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates rural people?

How come in 2 weeks, you will never hear about the Iowa flooding ever again?

Just wondering...

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Never rely on the govt to save U.

Just build your own levy around your home, get your own FEMA trailer, call up Spike Lee, play the Dixie Chicks CD at full blast outside, and wait :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Good questions TA:
I was wondering some of the same things! :evil:

·
Registered
408 Posts
They are all too busy filming commercial spots for Darfur.

Sad, we send so much money to the armpits of the world that don't appreciate it anyways, and we have people suffering here. Priorities much??

Zhur

·
Registered
305 Posts
I live less than 3 miles from the Mississippi River. This summer reminds me a lot of the summer of 1993.
The only thing the government did around here was make some low interest loans available and then they turned around and required everyone to purchase federal flood insurance.

Now I WONDER when the government is going to require people who live in New Orleans and other coastal cities to purchase federal hurricane insurance???

Luckily the town I live in has the last set of locks on the river, lock #27 and the Chain of Rocks Canal. When the Army Corps of Engineers built the locks and canal back in the 1950s, they built a series of huge levees that thankfully protect the town I live in. The levees are 40 foot high, in 93 the water came within 1 foot from going over the top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts