FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20140521-125123.jpg

Originally developed in late 2001 for an Urgent Operational Requirement from Army SOf deployed to Afghanistan for an 7.62 x 39 AR-style carbine that accepts AK magazines, the Knights Armament Corp SR-47 was recently dusted off due to renewed military interest in the design.

SOURCE: SSD

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Will never see the light of day, KAC has too much difficulty filling orders for its "Flagship Rifle" the ECC to think about something like that for mass production. Look at the catalog reduction from 2013 to 2014 to see this. The SR-47 will be too much a niche item to sell large scale. I'd love one but a $2k+ rifle to shoot cheap ammo has me scratching my own head

·
Registered
209 Posts
OK I guess I am the odball, but I would love one of these. I already have two YHM based AR's in 7.62x39. I love them reliable as any of my other ARs I have has great luck with ASC mags. For ammo cost and hitting power the are hard to beat and with their 1 in 9.5 twist barrels they are mor accurate with the same ammo than any of AK47 variants. If KAC puts this out I may have to have one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts