FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about picking up a Kahr K9 - the stainless model - as a light fall carry gun. Current carry is a G19. I was interested if anyone has one and what their impressions are? Specifically around the weight and the trigger. Carry would be side OWB with a light jacket. Dependability and weight are my primary concerns. Thoughts?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've got a K40 Elite 98. Probaby a little heavier than the K9. I carry mine when I need something smaller. Get the Hogue grips, the wood grips look nice, but the hogues really take the bite out of it. It's probably not so bad with the 9mm. Well made guns,built like a tank, good service (I did have to get a replacement magazine catch, they sent it out to me for free).

I think you'll enjoy it if you get it.

Zhur

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I've thought about getting that Kahr subcompact 9mm, but I've been told that the trigger isn't too great, and the failure rate of these guns seem very high on all the various guns ites I frequent.

Don't know about the larger, metal versions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can't speak to the K9 version, but have had a PM9 for a few years now with over 1000 rds of 9mm through it. During the first fifty rds I had one FTF and none since. I now carry it daily. Very compact and easily conceled.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Failures seem to hold steady with the polymer versions. the K variant are Stainless steel, thru and thru.

The triggers aren't that bad, much better than any Keltek I've ever shot, much smoother. Long, but not rough.

zhur

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I have been looking at the K9 elites. Its just hard to get away from my G19 at this point but it would be nice to have something different for a little bit. Thanks for the inputs.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Shot one...wasn't impressed at all

·
Registered
302 Posts
I carry an old P-9 at work as a backup gun most of the time. It had a trigger failure but Kahr fixed it and gave me an extra mag. Works great now.

·
Registered
329 Posts
dumapus said:
I am thinking about picking up a Kahr K9 - the stainless model - as a light fall carry gun. Current carry is a G19. I was interested if anyone has one and what their impressions are? Specifically around the weight and the trigger. Carry would be side OWB with a light jacket. Dependability and weight are my primary concerns. Thoughts?
You bought one yet?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not yet, still up in the air about it. Trying to find a range rental to try out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts