FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw someone mention a Kahr 380 yesterday on another site - even told them there was no such animal.

Then, at the grocery store today - I see it on a gun magazine cover. Apparently - BRAND new.

Anyone try one of these yet? How does the size compare to a Keltec 380?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Re: Keltec 380?

ShipWreck said:
I saw someone mention a Keltec 380 yesterday on another site - even told them there was no such animal.

Then, at the grocery store today - I see it on a gun magazine cover. Apparently - BRAND new.

Anyone try one of these yet? How does the size compare to a Keltec 380?
Check the last line Ship; you may want to change the gun to a different Keltec :?

As it is, I'd say they are the same, because it's the same gun :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have seen one of the first ones out. Very nice looking and feeling gun. I have a Cal .380 now and will be buying the Kahr as soon as I find one for sale. Just a solid, solid gun.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was really looking at getting a 9mm one as my next purchase - but after seeing pics and many comments on various forums about barrels beening, and other issues (and replacement barrels peening again), I decided to pass.

This interests me a bit - IF I start reading positive comments about the 380 version

·
Registered
857 Posts
The Ruger/Kel-tec are already so small, the slightly smaller kahr is no big deal, also it's double the cost of the Ruger, just not worth it.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I have a Keltec 32 that works 100% - however, I did a lot of research before I bought mine, and the 380s seems to have a higher % of complaints/problems (others have posted that observation as well).

I like that this one locks back on the last round and has slightly better sights than the Keltec.

But yea, the price is a negative. I'm gonna wait and see how it pans out in user reviews before I worry about it. But I finally got to read the magazine article 3-4" groups at 25 yards is impressive for such a small gun.

I have shot a Keltec 380 before, and I found it more accurate than my 32. I think my slide isn't made 100% right, as I can see a slight tilt in 1 direction from the barrel on mine - and the shots do tend to go to the right.

I generally practice with my Keltec 32 from 3-5 yards max. After that - between my slight tilt and the heavy trigger, it just goes to hell past 15 feet.

I would like something of similar size but with a larger round than a 32, and with a better range.

Since my Keltec is 100% in reliability, I've accepted it as is. Plus, it's not worth sending the thing in with the shipping costs beingw hat they are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts