FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added Karma. It may have bugs (hope not!!!!).

You cannot give Karma to yourself and you must post a comment if you do give Karma.

If someone gives you Karma, their comments can be viewed on the menu bar under "Your Karma".

Please use it with good judgement.

-TH

·
Vendor
5,592 Posts
"Instant Karma's gona get you".
John Lenon.

As soon as he realized his failings and became a loving father and husband he was killed.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Okay, I'm stoopid. I don't understand the Karma thingy. Please explain.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Sorta like Positive feedback. U can give a point by clicking on any person's "+" or "-" sign, under their name.

On other forums, sometimes it's called "Reputation" points. Usually, its done in VBulletin forums.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Ah! Thanx.

Okay... everyone send me a dollar and I'll push your plus sign. :-D

·
Vendor
5,592 Posts
I don't think the Karma buttons are working on all the sections. I was able to give karma once but now when I post I can't push anyones buttons. :lol:
I'll keep trying :?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think the Karma buttons are working on all the sections. I was able to give karma once but now when I post I can't push anyones buttons.
You are only allowed one push a day. Otherwise .......

:)

I can change that though - and most likely will.

-M

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Well, I don't see a way to override anyone's on my end. I can only add to people like anyone else.

If people abuse it, then we'll have to decide later to keep it, I suppose. But, while Term installed it, it appears to me that we're all on an equal footing. I can only edit the master feature - not any particular persons.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who can change and over ride them? How do we keep everyone honest?
That is why I have forced a comment. One cannot post a karma without leaving a comment. When you review your comment, you can see who gave you a + or a - and why. Ofcourse, one can retaliate by doing the same - and I surmize that this may happen - but infrequently.

-TH

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I see that you can see what people write but is there a way to relate it back to a thread?
Like if someone gives me + karma but I have no idea what they are talking about.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
No, there is not - if someone doesn't type detailed info in their comments. There are some limitations in php. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Changed Logic

Karma will now display only total Karma. This is - it will sum up all the positive and negative numbers.

-TH

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
salsantini said:
I would like to give someone a +1 karma for a good transaction. I can't seem to figure out how to do it.
You see those two little white boxes to the left, under everybody else's moniker, one is a "+" symbol and the other a "-". You go to the guy you want to give the karma to and click on the "+". Wait, and a box will pop up on the upper left corner of your screen. Type in the white comment box "thanks" or anything else and then click "submit".

That's it in a nutshell.

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

1 - 20 of 31 Posts