FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:MM: I am sooooo glad that people do whatever the Muslim people want them to do. We dare NOT offend them. ::FF::

The Small Change to a Katy Perry Music Video After Thousands of Muslims Complained Over ‘Blasphemy’
Footage of an Arabic pendant has been removed from one of pop singer Katy Perry’s music videos after Muslims launched a petition calling the imagery blasphemous.

The video for the song “Dark Horse” initially included the destruction of an Arabic pendant with the word “Allah” on it, prompting an online Change.org petition for YouTube to take the video down.

“The video is considered as highly controversial to its viewers as a result of its portrayal of blasphemy,” the petition states. At about one minute in, “a man is shown being burned, whilst wearing a pendant (also burned) forming the word ‘Allah’, which is the [A]rabic word for God.”

Change.org user Shazad Iqbal from Bradford, U.K., 22, launched the initial petition and posted an update declaring victory on Wednesday after the image was scrubbed from the existing video.

“Guys I’m thrilled to let you all know the name of Allah has been removed from the ‘Dark Horse’ video we couldn’t have done it without everyone’s support so I thank each and every one of you deeply, our voices have been heard!,” Iqbal wrote. “God bless you all.”

The petition had received more than 65,000 signatures.

The Small Change to a Katy Perry Music Video After Thousands of Muslims Complained Over ?Blasphemy? | Video | TheBlaze.com

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I watched this video the other day, and am surprised that they didn't pick up on the guy with the pendant being resurrected as a dog in the video. They don't like dogs. Or pigs.

The video is also so obviously rife with what some tinfoilers will consider "illuminati" symbolism that it has to be an outright marketing ploy to get the video promoted by these crackpots.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
We have to tolerate their intolerance.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
who is katy perry ? and who cares ?

relevant as the $hit my dog took this morning.
well your dog thought it was important :)

those guys raised a huge fuss several years ago on a dunkin donuts coffee cup design..where a paper cup of coffee has steam rising from it.. the steam supposedly said "Allah has fleas" or something...yup the coffee cups disappeared

Reactions: Kev

·
Administrator
11,082 Posts
At least they didn't launch another attack on a diplomatic outpost and kill some good people.

:-D:-D:-D

Quick, someone tell Obozo and Sec of Stupidity Kerry that their embassies are going to be attacked because of this anti Muslim music video......Wait, I know, we'll just wait for the "spontaneous protest" and then we'll send Sec of Stupidity Kerry out on the national networks on Sunday to pass this on as truth and fact.

Oh oh, lets see, these words "embassies", "attacked", and "Muslim" all in the same sentence. Bet the NSA is listening now...... It's a joke Feds....take a chill pill......

"Someone's Knocking On My Door, Someone's Ringing My Bell..." Who would of thunk that Paul McCartney and the Wings would come up with an appropriate title 40 years before it was needed......

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
lol. He gets all kinds of stuff to eat. Whataburger is one of his favorites. Keeps him regular. He is getting old, after all.
Man, living the good life. But then again, who doesn't like Whataburger?

As for the chronically disgruntled and Katy Perry...I'd like to stuff them all in a sock, throw the sock in a lake, freeze the lake and shoot the whole enchilada into space. But I suppose that's not too terribly tolerant of me, is it?

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like how Change.org caters to people from the UK, I guess Americans tell the Brits what they are and are not allowed to do in their entertainment.

It's times like this that I wish the real blasphemers would step up and just crap all over muslim beliefs. Trent Reznor, Marilyn Manson, Maynard, etc. Those guys HARSHLY criticized and blasphemed christianity, and damns were not given.

I think muslims need to realize, that for the rest of the world to treat them as a legitimate religion, they need to learn to be adults about other people not respecting their religion.

It's really f'in simple. I do not believe what you believe, THEREFORE logically, I think you are wrong, and that your religion is a stupid lie. IF I didn't believe your religion was a stupid lie, I would practice it, wouldn't I? Get over it. Put your big boy pants on and learn to accept that not everyone believes what some bigamist pedophile (Mohammed deflowered his 9 year old wife) said. When muslims stop *****ing when someone has something unkind to say about their religion, and the amount of violence stemming from those professing religious motivation drops dramatically, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER MAJOR RELIGION mind you, then the rest of the world will take them seriously.

Hypocritical POS titty babies need to get over it. If they want something to be angry about, why not the fact that the vast majority of the people who practice their religion are the ugliest eyesores humanity has to offer, or the fact that their language is about as pleasant to listen to as a turkey getting sodomized by an elephant, or the fact that their "holy" land is a barren, god-forsaken **** hole.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Do those people have nothing better to do? Who gives a $hit about whats in a Katy Perry video. Its about as relevant as the $hit my dog took this morning.
The one my dog took this morning was WAY more relevant than anything Katy Perry has ever done. And, unlike her music and videos, it was an absolute work of art.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I think muslims need to realize, that for the rest of the world to treat them as a legitimate religion, they need to learn to be adults about other people not respecting their religion.
I'd agree with you, but the main issue is that Islam is not a religion. Well, not only a religion.

Islam is a justice system and a rule of law that supercedes the law of the land. It's also a form of government. Islam cannot coexist with the original population, form of government, or law of a religiously secular society, they are literally mutually exclusive.

As such it is pretty naive to think that you can extend the freedom of religion enshrined in the Constitutions or laws of most countries to Islam. To them it means you also have to give them their own courts (Britain) and let them govern themselves.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Who cares.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts